Released August 15th Update - FIA WTCR by OSCARO

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 15, 2018.

1. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I've got about 45 minutes in so far. Great job guys, love it. AI is really nice as well

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Honda or Hyundai? That is the question.

3. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I test drove the Honda, Hyundai, Audi, VW and Alpha. I bought the Honda and the Audi. Then I started doing laps of Mid-Ohio which is my home track and one that I have real life laps on. I am faster in the Honda Civic but much more comfortable in the Audi RS3.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    No

5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I want to buy this but then I realize how much I've spent already in R3E (way, way before these great 60e packs were released). Then I think I'll just buy one, and realize that buying just one is an awful deal. So then I figure I'll wait for a sale but the multiplayer racing will be back to the usual GT3 @ Nurburgring by the time the price is lowered.

Decisions, decisions

6. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help, I did purchase through the website, but will check the overlay options and see if that fixes it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Since you were able to purchase through the website, I think the overlay just needs to be enabled and then you should be all set to purchase from within the game :)

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday i did test all WTCR cars in free practise and i did 2 races in the Audi but up till now all the counts in advanced statistics (distance, time in game) stays at zero for all the new WTCR cars. Anybody else have the same problem ?

9. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    yes

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Had some good fun last night. AI is great, aggresiveness matches what you would expect with TCR and the physics are really top notch and gives the feeling of a real daily driver on steroids (what TCR cars in fact are). The launch control is a superb addition!

Really pleased with the pack! It is just awesome how the physics are improved so much lately. Hope to see all content eventually get the same threatment (hopefully GTR2 cars are next for physics updates ;)).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely great cars guys! :) The moment I turned around the first corner, I could feel the enormous fun again I had with the touring cars of Race07. I haven't done any serious FWD racing in quite a while so at the moment I'm still struggling a bit to get used to this again, but I'm sure it will come back eventually. :cool:

Just one question (most probably to @Alex Hodgkinson): are the negative degrees of rear wing intended or is this some kind of bug? Couldn't care less as long as it works as intended, just curious... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    It seems this might have been caused by some high server load that made the purchase bug out a bit. As @Balrog mentioned a few posts later, contacting the help desk should clear this up soon hopefully.

Please contact: http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/ and in the message, please include a link to your game.raceroom.com user profile, and your email associated with it.

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If I remember right, Touring-Cars are your thing... so buying them now maybe would give you more playtime at least in Multiplayer with these cars. So the price per playtime might be better now than waiting for a sale. If you have enough VRP left on your account don't think to much about it. If not, on raceroomstore.com are good options to get VRP with a good discount.

And if you follow @Jardiers youtube-Channel and have a look in his video-descriptions, you can even save a little bit more. Like here:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's intended that way, and even on the lowest setting it still creates decent downforce.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This ^

• Like Like x 3
  16. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    why none exhaust on "back fire" ?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yes noticed that too, I don't see backfire on the exhausts, you just hear the pops.

18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I don't think they emit flames at all, at least I have never noticed. Do you have video evidence that TCR cars produce backfires with flames?

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    From my personal experience, they don't. But the popping sounds are brutal from the grandstands.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LockNah

LockNah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sent support a message and was told a fix was applied, but when I checked it was still missing. So i sent another message but have not heard back over two hours later.