Competitions - Please help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rzsmith, Aug 18, 2018.

1. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a hard time understanding how the competitions work.I'm coming from iRacing and would like to get involved. Is there any FAQ or How-To document available? Can't find anything in the forums.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Check this link to see what I am referring to: http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/

There are 2 main splits for competitions. The top 4 listed are the more premiere competitions (Merc E-racing, WTCR, Super Racer, and Porsche Russia). These include real world prizes and chances to drive certain race cars on track. These 4 events consist of a time trial portion on the leaderboard, and then select drivers will compete in multiplayer races over a span of (X) rounds to see who the fastest is, with the fastest winning prizes.

The bottom 5 competitions are listed as either premium or free to play. These are solely leaderboard time trials. The premium ones mean you need to own the car and track to participate, while the free to play ones mean anyone can try, regardless if you own the content or not.

Basically to get started with any of them, choose the competition, choose your car, and get out on track and put up some times. The leaderboard will track you and you will be able to compare yourself to others.

Feel free to ask some questions if you have something specific in mind that I didnt cover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, nate! This is the info I was looking for. I actually like hot lapping. Time trials is my favorite part of iRacing. Getting torpedo'ed in a race on the first turn over and over again gets old after a while...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @rzsmith You could try racing in SP against the AI. You will need to work out what level of AI suits you best but once you have that sorted they are quite good to race against.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You forgot to mention, that premium ones also have vRP prizes

• Like Like x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to try adaptive AI, plenty of info on the forum on how to set this up the swiftest possible way.