Bug Uneven Pitstop length online

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Joeks, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi all!:)I discovered that pitstop lengths seemed to be uneven on tyre changes on certain occasions.
    Does anyone has encountered this same experience during a online race?o_O
    Or is there an option in the game to eliminate this Problem?

Thanks;), Jeremy

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont think there is enough info here to make a definitive statement. For pit stop times to be different, something would have to be incredibly wrong and broken :p

What I imagine might be happening, is for a pit stop to count, you only need to change 2 tires. You do not need to add fuel, and you do not need to change all 4 tires.

So, if you change 4 tires and someone else only changes 2, it will seem like their pit stop is quicker.

If you want to make pit stop times more equal, you can also adjust the minimum pit stop duration. This is the amount of time you need to spend in the pit lane before exiting the pits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply:D, I understand..but like 17 seconds quicker?o_O(and I always do a sprint to the pitlane entree line)..so it seems a bit foggy.. Today I had it again on amateur, portimao..so it is completely normal you hear the changing wheels sound like 6 times or so? I hope its not the game..;)

4. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate, we've putted it to the test;)..my buddy and me bought pitted, we both changed 2 tires on Amatuer, and my mate followed 12 seconds behindo_O..weird or what..Thx:)

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, do you happen to remember what classes of cars you were driving? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that you were both driving a different class of car. Most classes have different pit stop times, so that could be the reason for the difference.

Could also be that one of you isnt using the proper procedure for completing a pit stop.

First you need to request a pit stop, which you need to have a button mapped to do. Make your changes in the pit window that appears, and then select them and make the highlighted box turn green which will confirm your selections. Failing to do this will mean your pit crew isnt ready for you when you get to your pit box, or your choices not being confirmed fully.

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What @nate said is the only thing I could think of, that your buddy didn't request the pit stop prior entering the pitlane. In this case the pit crew needs some preparation time before they begin to work.