Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't notice this stuff in VR :-D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fusiler

Fusiler New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just had to register to say that I'm both very impressed and very dissapointed about this pack of cars.
    First, the good things: physics, and sound (almost, but seems like the little qualm I had about the VW will be fixed in the next update). Just great, although I imagined I'd feel the weight transfer a lot more when braking, specially on tracks like Brands Hatch (I remember spinning out 9/10 times I went through turn 1 in the Opel TCR when I was getting to know the car in PC2, due to not being used to how these cars worked), but it seems like these cars are quite planted under braking, although not so much when lifting on high speed corners (and that is to be expected in a FWD car, so kudos to the physics guy).
    Then, the things I'm personally dissapointed about: graphics, especially on cockpit. It just seems like it was rushed, some textures of the cockpit are very low-res, and I had to double check to see if I was playing on my usual settings because it felt very unpolished. A special thing that amused me was that in the Honda Civic TCR (a car that clearly has a Motec dashboard, because it says right there, and I double checked that this was indeed the case on youtube onboard videos) was using the AIM dashboard layout, like most of the other cars. I'm guessing that this was just a case of using a placeholder dashboard and then forgetting to change it, but it really feels like the graphic part of the pack hasn't got the same attention the physics and sound part got. I hope you can fix these things in the next update (specially the Civic Motec display)!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yea, now that I increased the volume for the Golf, I might need to balance the others WTCR. I'm off today but I'll have a look at it on Monday for sure ;)

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The Honda should indeed use the C127 from MoTec, and it will.

You have a point that we had a tight deadline to meet and we had to get the cars done very quick. Considering this, I still tip my hat to our artists who really did a great job under immense pressure for delivery.
    We have a list of art things that will be adressed in a post-release patch. Some glowing elements in cockpits, an Alfa window net sitting too low, a wrong data display brand in the Honda, etc.

We'll also add the suits and helmets that we haven't had time to include for release date.

That patch will come soon, within the next two weeks.

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The WTCR AI didn't know the Bathurst track very well, no?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here in Bathurst, always spin on the second corner down the hill, but I am not happy with the AI in this track with WTCC, and GTR3 either. Hope it will be fixed all together.

Overall, I am very happy with the WTCR pack, very very happy with the physics. There are some other minor glitches such as sound and graphic, but not a major concern. My major concern is physics, and they are very good, so I am relieved.

7. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The worst model seems to be the Civic. Just like someone else said, the lights are...ugly, like low res. Is it possible to "fix" them after release?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply bud..;)

9. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    car setups section on forum is...empty :( anyone can help with some links/tips for wtcr setups? thx for the pack...and for future help :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I’ve changed so far from default is diff power setting at 61% and brake bias at 53. Works for all cars and the rest of the default setup is great :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    These cars are great fun and a challenge. I have never driven much front wheel drive on track and am finding there is a bit of a learning curve to driving these fast but I am enjoying it. Fantastic addition to the game!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I'm planning to make car setups for different cars & different tracks, maybe some tutorial videos as well. :) ;)

I will see how many setups I can make, because the next few weeks will be extremely busy for me because of work.

13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant work, S3.

Bought the pack and had some great races. These cars are challenging, intense but a lot of fun. You cannot relax driving these things.

They are an absolute blast around proper touring car circuits like Brands Hatch*

(*can we have the GP circuit please?)

• Like Like x 1
  14. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Really nice job s3!!! Never been much a touring car fan, I prefer the drive wheels on the back... but with that said, I've been giving these cars a real chance. Its going to take some time before I get thru them all, really loving the alpha romeo though. Of the cars that I have tested till now, its the one that feels the best to me, and I am able to squeeze the most from it. As has been mentioned many times already, the racing is great! Lots of switching back and forth with the ai trading spots all around me. I feel cars bumping me at any corner always looking to find an opening. Im racing them at 100% right now, gonna get all the tracks from the official comp up to speed and do my own championship with the aai:D:) Keep em coming!!! Well worth the money, I'll spend more on dinner and a beer tonite

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Please, feel free to share your thoughts about what you would like to be improved soundwise, and I'll see what I can do to fix it ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. adrift

adrift New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    While it's great to see yatc - yet another touring car pack, I share the same sentiment many here have expressed regarding car preferences. FWD is meh... at best. I already have to tolerate turbos on the M4 which destroy the sound. I'm sure I'll buy this pack, probably next week, and then I don't expect I'll use it much.

RaceRoom is an excellent game, possibly the best, but the gaping hole remains... what I really need to see in RaceRoom is the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 (or Super Trofeo), Ferrari 488 GT3, and also I'd like to see the Ford Mustang GT350R. Having those would make it the best, and that's my opinion voiced [written].

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I always find it a bit funny when someone says that a newly introduced class which doesnt exist anywhere else in sim racing is 'meh', but adding a 20th and 21st GT3 car is exactly what you need :D

• Agree Agree x 10
  18. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    If you have even more cash you don't have much use for, I can PM you my PayPal address. :D

What differs those 2 from the rest of the GT3 cars we have already in the game? Looks to me it's most important that the maker's logo is placed on the hood. :p

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Wo
    Would very much like to hear the sound of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin in my headphones. Thanx very much. ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't the Huracan use the same engine as the R8? So...

• Agree Agree x 2