Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dude the game has like 20+ GT3 cars. What this game lacks is modern/old prototypes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, it's not only the same engine

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I tried the new AI and i have to say, you did a good joob. They are more "alive" and their race pace doesn't seem to be static now. I also noticed more lock ups and mistakes by them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    So I gave in and bought the Honda. Figure I'll get the whole pack on sale but wanted to get in on the multiplayer action.

And boy did it remind me why I loved this game. Netcode is pretty close to perfect, people on public servers don't drive like asshats, game runs great, immersive as usual.

Car is very enjoyable, great FFB as is the case lately, although I wish the rear squirmed around a bit more. Makes FWD that more of a balancing act.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Didn't mention which Lambo! ;)

6. adrift

adrift New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The mistake you make there is thinking it's all about sound.

7. adrift

adrift New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your logic is weird [ok, just completely fallacious].
    About the difference between the new touring car pack and the touring car packs that are already in the game? Definitely meh.
    And what century do you think all the cars in the rice-burner, baby-poo-squirt pack come from? :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. adrift

adrift New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said:

yatc

9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm pretty sure everyone here would love to see these brands in R3E.
    Sadly, what we want and what we can do (for now) are two very different things. :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Only teasing Anthony Monteil, don't you worry your cotton buds about it, maybe you'll get to help Simbin perfect their sounds and get to hear those V8's in your headphones. ;)

11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Well said, Anthony. :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    i see what you did there...

13. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    there's a few tracks where the ai goes wonky at times..sloviakiaring is another ..on one of the straights they all moved very quickly to the right for now reason..can't remember which straight. oh and bathurst the ai never take the correct line at the chase they don't use all the curb on the left before making the turn

14. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil and @J-F Chardon do you mind to share how the handbrake work on these cars?

From what I have tested, it's seems to lock the front wheel and not the rear, or use our brake balance settings in count. Don't know if it's the case IRL, but yes, if I hold the handbrake and go full throttle, cars engage the clutch and the engine rev it up

15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it is just you, I am really enjoying these wonderful TCRs, considering that no other game has them with that many of them. For some reasons, I really like the Civic more than other cars in the pack. My only complain with the pack is it would be nice if we get more liveries for some cars like the Peugeot, VW that only has 2 liveries. Pcars 2 has a couple but I do prefer if we get like 7 unique models and sounds fantastic. Definitely better than more GT3s despite I love GT3s.

I'll be honest, I'll take a mega pack of 7 or so GT4s than another 3 GT3s in R3E. Those cars are awesome in AC and Pcars, I like to see S3 work their magic on these cars. S3, when are we getting our mega GT4 pack?

• Like Like x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agree with that. I guess the only way to do this would be a generic TCR class (like the GTR3 class for GT3s) that features liveries from TCR series all over the world.

That would also allow for other TCR models to be added to the game (I believe Sector 3 created one more car that had to be pulled as it didn't feature in the WTCR Series). Would be great to see the Astra, Cee'd, Mégane, Impreza etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Personally dont see that happening. WTCR would probably not want their official cars/series to be promoting competing series. I suppose if a new entry or contestant comes along in one of the WTCR cars, a new livery might emerge, but I would be doubtful that you will see a swedish tcr livery for example.

I think there might be a misunderstanding or miscommunication here.

The only cars we were going to be getting were the cars officially entered into the WTCR. So getting a one off random tcr car seems quite unlikely.

Perhaps the confusion stems from a comment about there being a surprise/late entry, where Opel ended up not entering a car in the series and DG Sport Competition ended up using Peugot for their team's entry. So, Peugot was likely the mentioned 'surprise' if you want to call it that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But J-F himself commented, that they modelled a car that in the end wasn't to be going into the WTCR. but since the license for that car was already there the car was also made and will appear some time later in the game.
    If I were at home I would take the effort to search for it. But I'm taking a dump at work right now :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Indeed I had bet on the wrong car. But I don't believe the car will make it in-game any time soon. We had not modelled it, we had barely started. :p

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well - maybe with WTCR 2019 there is a new chance for that car... I hope so...
    For the moment there is enough to play with the 7 other WTCR-Cars and the other things that will come in the meantime...

• Agree Agree x 2