GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Btw what happened to the interview the gentleman from RD promised? Is it published already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Nope. And SimBin finally admitted they don't have a stand at Gamescom, they are there as visitors, talking to publishers. This whole thing feels a bit weird to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But they never said they'll have a booth in the first place. But since @Chris Speed is the new CEO of Simbin UK maybe he could chime in and have some kind words for us. But I doubt he's ever reading this forum.

4. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Actually they were talking about a playable version of the title showcased at this months Gamescom event so those facebook comments from them are pretty underwhelming to me.

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't it his brother, Alan, who's the CEO of SimBinUK?

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  9. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    An announcement for a new Twitter account... I doubt anything else this week will make me feel quite so old as this. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I don't know their reasoning behind their behavior, but I must admit I think they do a very counter-productive job in PR here. Pushing expectations over days and weeks just for these kind of empty statements... They do not win new friends this way, nor will they win themselves good reputation. Already a week ago I read first people calling GTR3 vaporware.

No good handling of things. Somebody better tells them, and tells them soon. Show up with something of substance - or shut up and stay hidden. No surprise is better than bad surprise.

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    only a week? They are calling it vaporware since 2013 as they didn't get that initial plans for GTR3 were dropped in favor for Raceroom...

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I cant tell if you were referring to Race Department/Paul in your paragraph above this quote, or SimBin. But in this quote, I am going to assume SimBin, so the context here changes if you meant RD/Paul...

To be fair to SimBin... They still have not made a single announcement or comment to the public in the ~2 yrs since GTR3 was first mentioned in those 'leaked' pictures and subsequent interview at RD released more than a year and a half ago.

This whole kerfuffle the past week is solely because of RD pushing hype without backing it up whatsoever so far, and because of that mysterious tweet from Catalyst, who we have never even heard of once before in this discussion. Without those 2 things, we would be used to the same old peace and quiet we have been accustomed to in the past few years.

So, until there is definitive info coming directly from the horse's mouth (SimBin UK themselves), judgement should be reserved.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Last thing I heart about Paul is that he left RD and is writing blogs for pretendracecars.net now.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    As far as I remember it was Catalyst(os) who have written that they will showcase GTR3 and not SimbinUK. So I asked if Catalystos already can show some 'live' footage from GTR3. Not a response (yet).

What also surprises me based on the info we can access is that on the Catalyst site they share their six projects in progress.
    Two observations: 1.) very old stuff right? 2.) not a word about GTR3.

My own complot theory with no reliable source/info, just my wrong (?) assumption: the Twitter account of Catalyst was hacked and someone posted a 'fun' tweet about GTR3. If this a compeletely wrong/BS thought feel free to correct me and I admit I was wrong but with counter reliable info please. On the other hand if that was true then SimbinUK would already have sent out a statement with more info then 'we show more info once we can'.

For now I follow this thread and sometimes have a good laugh and still looking forward to the interview of Paul with Mr CEO. Because other recently published news items were also a good read.

And now back to my work with 25 years of experience in Sales and Marketing ;)

Edit: haha just noticed I posted my response in this thread while I was reading the GTR3 post on RD. So copy/pasted this into RD topic....I'm getting old

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That is a list of games they have been engaged on in the past, its a history. Its not meant to list what they currently work on.

If - and that means "if" - their announcement was not authorized by SimBin, the damage should have been contained by SimBin releasing a short, sharp, clear correction, and leave it to that. To just let the echo rolling on in the hope that it will come to an end by itself, imo is a mistake. And wrong facts will be remembered.

I cannot escape the impression that Catalyst tried/s to score some easy reputation points by maybe exaggerating their own work contribution to past and present projects. The website looks real, but something in there tells me its more facade than substance. I don't know. That their last listed project is five years old does not help to counter this impression. Advertising is about shining. Possible that they fired an early shot prematurely with that announcement to let the world know that they are there.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hey now Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was a hoot. If Catalyst was the ones behind the Golden Axe track they're an alright bunch in my book. :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

In answer to earlier comments, the SimBin / GTR3 interview is pretty much ready to go... I'm just waiting on a couple of images from SimBin to put with the interview then I'll get it live on RD. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday (no promises, the guys are at Gamescom atm).

Sorry its taken so long to publish. The initial version was completed, then I had a laptop die on me and lost all the data, so hard to start again! That pushed me back and meant I was looking for images a bit close to Gamescom travel, which didn't help!

Anyway sorry, will be getting it live soon... :)

Who's paying for my NASCAR ride then …. :D :D :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    I hope the pictures are awesome and in 12k ;)