Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    No rush, we need the 3 Porsches for 2018 first lol.
    :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Looking briefly at regional TCR championships, STCC is closest pack that could happen - It's only matter of J-F making some phone calls, painting the liveries and ignoring that one Honda Civic FK2 (literally one) :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dencs Attila

Dencs Attila New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The invitation of the multiplayer race letter contains that tomorrow will perform bop update to decrease the advantage of Honda.
    I see that you want to give full same perforance level for the cars.
    However, I don't think it's a good idea to modify the cars'performance between the end of the Hungaroring time trial and its multiplayer race.
    We completed the first round time trial with these specified performance cars and it could be fair if we race on Sunday the same (unmodified) cars.
    I think to avoid the mess on Sunday please wait this update until Sunday night then modify the bop.

4. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Love the Car's but is there going to be any change's to Default setup's?

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Why, what's wrong with the defaults?

6. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've been testing all the cars in the store. I have found a couple of graphic details that are wrong.

- The seat ears of the Audi A3 are transparent. Only the outer edge is drawn.

- The Honda Civic's central rearview mirror: It is placed very high and very far back. It is the only model of the seven that this mirror has badly placed.

All this is playing with a triple screen configuration.

7. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to add my voice to thank S3 for this superb set of cars. :D

The physics, sounds, AI, graphics are all fantastic (which isn't to say that a few tweaks can't make them even better!).

And thanks to the devs for being on the forums and answering questions honestly, giving information and advice and showing that you give a %^$!. Your presence takes the heat out of so much discussion, it's great.

No sim is perfect (and there's LOTS to do) but we're pretty lucky to have you lot on 'our' sim.

And an honourable mention to the team of beta testers as well !!! :D

:cool:

• Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I'll just say a brief word about BoP, though I am certainly not the main authority on it :p

BoP for these WTCR cars is weeks/months in the making. I feel quite certain that @Alex Hodgkinson would not make wild changes based on 1 weeks worth of feedback from the public. Along with what was already found and determined internally, seeing feedback from some of the fastest guys in the public with their leaderboard times is yet 1 more source of info to craft the overall BoP from.

The idea to BoP before the first MP race might be rather simple. If 1 or 2 cars is seen to be 'fastest' on the leaderboard, whether that was 100% true or not, car selection for the MP race may not be very diverse because who would want to take a car that is known to be slow? A slight BoP adjustment for some of the cars lagging behind should bring them even closer in line with what some might call the current 'fastest' cars.

This is just my interpretation of how things seem to be going though...

This was discussed internally with other beta-testers not so long ago, and it seems that the position of the mirror is correct. In the Honda, you are forced to tilt your head awkwardly to glance at it.

If you can find some solid real world pictures of the Honda's cockpit, something might be able to be done. But for now, it seems to align with reality from the references gathered. Even if that means the rearview mirror is not easy to glance at. :(

Well now you are just trying to score some extra brownie points :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Just on some of the tighter track's and smashing my pedal for brake's. Found brake's on default takes alot to get used to either at 100% still not stopping on time.

10. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    That is not really related to the setup, more to the nature of the cars, with cheaper, less effective brakes. Making braking zones significantly longer than GT3, even though speeds are lower.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It's sad we might not see a Tiago Monteiro livery, hoping the best for his troubled recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    What's the typical processing time of an opened support ticket? Because almost one week later, I haven't even received a reply yet.

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Most likely @Kitsune Magyar can give you an answer on that...

14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The cars are just pretty heavy and brakes are a little bit behind what GT3 use, so that's just how it is. At least everyone has the same!

• Like Like x 1
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    WTCR around Falkenberg is funny.. or Mantorp Park... very close action.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    GellerĂ¥sen and Ring Knutstorp as well, so close to a full STCC calendar, it's great.

17. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man :D after couple more run's with the guys find got to brake about 150m earlyer takes bit getting used to :D there a blast though :D

18. SpaccoTutto1999

SpaccoTutto1999 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    but the dashboard car?

19. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I bought the TCR pack. First of all it's nice to see new cars in RaceRoom. The weeks before I have driven the Seat Leon mod by Shaun Clarke in Assetto Corsa. Dudes, I Love this car. The force feedback is great, you can absolutely feel the weight transfer of the car. The sounds are top-notch as well. The only problem is, there's only one TCR car and Assetto the Nordschleife is kind of fantasy like. I'm a bit disappointed about the TCR cars in RaceRoom. The ffb feels kind of numb. The sounds are okay but they do not create a nice racing atmosphere. Some of the main characteristics of there but that's it. Not sure what to think about the new cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Try tweaking your FFB settings, I get a great feel and can honestly say, I've had some of the closest and most exhilarating races to date and I've been here since Jan 2013, so there's been a few. You have to take into account that I have a severely damaged shoulder, so my FFB is actually turned down to 45%, yet I get great road feedback and the subtle nuances have helped enormously with my FWD control and overall pace.
    The sound is great, how dare you! :D
    Although my time with the TCR's is obviously limited, they rate very highly imho, so has to be your FFB. You need to fine tune your setup as it just doesn't sit right with the rest of the reviews I've heard and my personal experience, worth it as it appears you are missing out big time my friend!

• Agree Agree x 1