Looking for Multiplayer? Are you an US Driver? Jump in here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ::SKRO::, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Race was good! As i mentioned to Skro in chat, at about 10 minutes left, after i pitted (new tires STAT!!) everyone disappeared on the track and i was alone but could see laptimes still. Also two map markers for guys off the track. R3E issues.

But man, what fun until then. Having a blast racing with you gentlemen. This is going to just keep getting better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    2015-06-07 0634 0006.jpg 2015-06-07 0634 0005.jpg 2015-06-07 0634 0004.jpg 2015-06-07 0634 0003.jpg 2015-06-07 0634 0002.jpg 2015-06-07 0633 0001.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hem... guys... anyone knows who's T. @Öberg ?
    Can't find him in ESR group...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    he was good!
    Clean and fast. He stopped after he tough he hit Hunt.
    That why i said i should have finished 4th not 3rd
    Good guy. Recruit him :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    well he did hit me, quite violently into the wall but that wasn't his fault cause I was invisible.

6. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Raced him this morning at Norisring (and at several other times). All good from what I've seen.

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    @shardshunt
    So i checked the replay and well i could not see you but there is nothing for me to see that you should be there.( no position tracker or map to tell me your there )
    But i did find this odd bit and i believe at that point you where right behind me.

Check it out.
    Of course i never saw that during my race.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    here's a vid of me fighting with you (and i didn't realize you couldn't see me) also the spin at the end is completely me just getting too exited.

ill make a report thread and explain in more detail

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    On that part i could see you. It was way after that you were catching up slowly. the you werent in my rear view mirror, all i could rely on was the timer and the map. It showed you were at .400 at some point and i was in a panic mode.
    But the video your showing there i could see you.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    that was the only time i was any were near you
    you pit and i was 10- 20 sec up the road from there on untill my tires started fading

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Damn i wish we could see the position bar in replay and map.

12. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Hey im T.Öberg, im not a member of ESR and asked Geargrinder if it was okay that I joined yesterday.
    Im Swedish so timezones are abit iffy for me but id love to join the group :)
    Had an epic race on portimao and very much enjoyed the pit stop(s) and the strategy it brings!

Again I do apologize for this but your car was completely invisible to me, I could see your "dot" on the HUD minimap track but nothing visual on the track itself.
    Saw on the time-difference we were very close to eachother but since you were invisible I just hoped for the best and continued driving, thinking we woulndt make any contact because of your "ghost car"
    Something really weird though is that I felt (and saw) nothing from when I hit you, hence me asking if I did.
    There was no impact at all on my car, just saw your minimap dot fly off the track :S

Anyway ill never touch anyone with purpose, if theres contact its because of an honest mistake.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hi Oberg! That's fine don't worry. I was just a bit disoriented cause I didn't recall your name on ESR! That's why! :p
    If you're interested I can add you to ESR group so you'll be part of the circus and can better interact with all of us. Just send me your steam profile and I'll make the rest.

About the server. I'm happy that the majority could run in an acceptable way. I honestly was probably more under pressure than you guys observing the dedi monitor and checking my background processes to avoid any kind of "bandwidth leak"! LOL.
    Clearly some bug occurred as Glen reported but overall I think this second test can be considered successful. Sorry @Richard Powell you had to leave but it was greatly appreciated. I believe that after you left (and probably also Glen) the lag went down and so everyone else could complete the race (aside @ElNino who had the "cloaking decoy" bug and everyone disappeared: thanks Nino for leaving and then avoid any kind of invisible contact with others on the track).
    I'll host another server tonight... I'll see if I will be able to race with you guys this time. Thanks everyone for your collaboration and for being great beta testers as well! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    [Race Club] Multiclass G5+GTO @ Red Bull Ring
    JUN 7th - 9:00PM CST

[​IMG]

Server name: ESR-1
    SERVER IS PASSWORDED SO PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST ON STEAM IF YOU WANT TO JOIN ESR!!

I'll post the password on ESR Steam Group Page under tonight's event
    -------------------------------------
    Mode: Get Real
    Fuel: Off
    Visual Damage: Off
    Race Finish Duration: 100
    Cut Rules: Drive-Through
    Mandatory Pitstop: Off
    Tyre: On
    Mechanical Damage: Off
    Flag Rules: Black Only
    Race Series Format: Custom/RRE
    Wrecker prevention: On
    RACE 01
    Time of day: [P] Sunrise, [Q][R] Morning
    Practice: 30 mins
    Qualifying: 15 mins
    Race: 20 mins

RACE 02
    Time of day: [Q][R] Noon
    Practice: Off
    Qualifying: 15 mins
    Race: 20 mins
    Slots available: 14​

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I probably should have driven in reverse last night. I have never raced portimo....may have had a few drinks from a dinner party. :D

Coupled with steering problems when I first joined. My wheel was real stiff and did left turns only. Had to restart.

Then I thought my transmission was messed up. It was oscillating as soon as I shift to 2nd and sometimes 3rd. Basically I would have to shift from 1st to 3rd to eliminate it. @MeMotS said it was the TC, so I tried it without and it was back to "normal". I don't remember it being like that at all before the update. Do people think that is normal behavior? Memets explained why he thought it was doing it, and it makes sense, I just wasn't sure it should be that extreme? I will have to test that out with different levels of TC to see if there is a difference.

I was in the GT2 BMW.

I have raced against T Oberg before. Never an issue with him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    @Öberg is always fun to race against, clean and fast, and a welcome addition in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    @Öberg Welcome aboard, I'm the slow ass (edmunds) that you caught up with to take third place, But gave it to me after the hunt incident, I stopped as well to confirm I could not see him. I wasn't sure if I should wait as well but I could see Mitchell time go down and didn't want to wait too long.
    @Sean Kenney wheel turning left ? Few too many drinks? Sounds like NASCAR to me :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  19. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update to tonight's schedule.
    It's gonna be a multiclass race: Audi Quattro has been added to the grid
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    LOVE the Audi , make it on Saturday :p

• Like Like x 1