Problem with VR resolution (vive pro)

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von vjs_tiger, 27. Juli 2018.

1. vjs_tiger

vjs_tiger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody!

After I'm not quite happy with PC2 and HTC VIVE Pro, I also wanted to try out Raceroom, but I have problems with the resolution ...
    In the Vive Pro, the overlay is shown to me sharp and in the correct resolution, but the vehicle, track and surroundings are extremely coarsely pixelated, as if I had set only a very low resolution in VR.
    I've already switched back and forth between "-vr" and desktop, and I've already forced the SS resolution higher in SteamVR.
    When starting the game also set the option "-vr x.x", but I can not even reach the native resolution of the Vive Pro.
    Also, any settings of the desktop resolution does not change the VR image, in VR, it remains always the same pixelated except for the overlay displays.
    After two unsuccessful evenings, I can not remember anything.
    Even starting without VR and then with VR option, as described here, does not change the problem.

Has anyone else an idea, you can set something in any config files something fixed?
    My setup (8700K, GTX 1080 Strix OC, Thrustmaster TX, NLR V3, HTC Vive Pro)

Greeting André
    excuse my English -> Google Translater

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    which resolution is set when you start the game in desktop-mode?

3. vjs_tiger

vjs_tiger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I've tried most resolutions available to me.
    Starting with the highest me, which was my choice 1920x1080 (16: 9) to the smallest resolution with 5: 4.
    No matter which I choose before on Desktop, in VR then no change. two times the program did not finish clean.
    Steam file validation was Okay though ...

Greeting André

4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible steam VR has a preset loading? Note that some games do and it pre selects a super sampling rate. Once you start your game go back to the steamVR app and look at the slider and if it selected a preset.

I have a vive pro as well and run SS at 1.9. I find Raceroom to be one of the hardest to get a good image and 90fps, but also the most immersive.

5. vjs_tiger

vjs_tiger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    have controlled and changed the setting in SteamVr during the Seesion and in advance. But there is no change in VR ...
    I give up now that picture basically looks like this:
    Pixel.jpg

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Ive had this happen from time to time but it's always resolved itself upon reboot !
    I shutdown both R3E and Steam completely and just fire up R3E via -vr 2.3 command and in 32 bit , let SteamVR start itself and always shut SreamVR down before restarts .

7. vjs_tiger

vjs_tiger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

many thanks for the support!
    I've really tried all sorts of combinations and sequences. Nevertheless, I always have the same result.
    I also completely deleted the program including the local setup folder. Then reinstalled, always the same result.
    Otherwise, I have nowhere problems with the Vive or Vive Pro. No idea which Hardware-driver or constellation is causing me this problem ...

Greeting André
    excuse my English -> Google Translater

8. sunrised

sunrised New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got this same exact problem. Had it all year, never had VR work. I keep trying every few months as drivers and RR3E gets updates but it's always the same. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared configuration files, cleaned and reinstalled drivers. Swapped video cards. Every other VR game and app is fine, only RR3E has this problem. All menus are crisp, the virtual mirror is crisp too but cars/interior/track are all severely pixelated/blocky/blurry.

9. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    How bizarre, I have both the vive and the vive pro and have never seen this period..
    I run 64bit mode and with the tag -vr 1.8
    Latest Nvidia Drivers (which are not always good via performance but never gave me that result).
    I7 6950X / Titan pascal

Just out of curiosity - what resolution is the in game video set to (while NOT in VR) - You might consider not loading it in VR - set the screen resolution to 720P - close out - then load the game in VR - and for testing turn (monitor) mirroring off - Assign it to a hotkey

Wish I could help.. But literally been playing for 8 months now ONLY in VR and I have never seen this.

NathanW

10. vjs_tiger

vjs_tiger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I tried different approaches for days. By the way, it's the only VR game / program with problems.
    The proposals of you are well meant, at least not help me.
    I have nothing special Windows 10 64bit, 8700K, GTX 1080.
    But I have no desire and time to make further attempts.

Greeting André

11. sunrised

sunrised New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not related to any of the Steam VR settings. Have tried RR3E exe directly with -vr and with steam vr options and with different Steam VR scaling settings and projection settings.

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Had this problem only when using Raceroom with SRS. The problem there where the startup commands in SRS app for Raceroom.
    I'm not at home, so I can't look, with which startup command I solved it, but if you experience this issue with SRS, than you definetely have to look there.

13. sunrised

sunrised New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tried SRS with it. Have only tried running RR3E from steam via the exe and extra argument eg -vr 2.0 and with the new SteamVR settings. But if you had specific settings youve used to run the exe, please share!

14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No, but with SRS you have to share some startup arguments and so it could get mixed up. If your problem is by normal playing Raceroom, i don't know, This works here as usual.

15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Easy to reproduce for me, in your nvidia control panel you have DSR enabled. Ok thats an assumption, but with DSR enabled for me this is what i get!