Question Maintenance

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pit54, Sep 6, 2018.

1. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    My contacts are also all gone.
    But when I want to re-add them, there is shown that we are already Friends, what to do now?

Edit: great, working again, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    On my side, it's quite messy: The only contacts I still have are the ones I could click again by myself, other contacts of mine are now semi-invisible -they don't display in my list, there are not displayed distinctly in competitions boards, but their profile's page tells we're still in contact. others have totally disapeared (even through search engine). Does S3 has got something on this?

3. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Since the maintenance break the game crashes as soon as you join a race, 5 times today. crash dumps attached.

Attached Files:

4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Does it only happen when driving in MP?

5. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi @lennyallover,
    A dev took a look at it and it's related to a .dll (gameoverlayrenderer64.dll) used by Steam.
    To avoid that problem, you could try to disable Steam Overlay or rename the .dll (but that will only work until the next restart because that .dll will be replaced again).

Could you confirm that the 32-bit version works fine?

6. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I had a feeling it was something to do with steam as every time I placed the curser over the steam icon it showed the "busy" icon. Yep 32 bit ok. steam overlays are already disabled indeed never been enabled. Once I got into a game without crashing it didn't crash again until after I quit and then restarted later first 4 or 5 attempts the game crashed out then seemed ok. I am about to start a friday session if it crashes I'll be back shortly if not I may not be ;-) BTW thankyou for your quick and succinct response

7. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, there is not a lot the devs can do.
    If you Google "gameoverlayrenderer64", you will see that it causes a lot of games to crash. The suggested solution is to disable the overlays...

Otherwise, you can stick with the 32-bit version of the game :)

• Useful Useful x 1