Why I won't be doing an adaptive-AI championship...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Sep 22, 2018.

1. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I never used adaptive AI, but lately the AI seems much stronger. I usually was winning with some car classes at 103-104%. Now even at 100% I barely finish in the first quarter of the grid. I know they got more aggressive after one of the last updates, but what about their speed?

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not really. I'm running the same AI levels that I used to.

3. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm a fist time Race-room user, i went all in with the Premium Pack.
    Is all the adaptive AI info still applicable to the latest game update?
    I jumped straight into a custom championship with Adaptive AI after jsut a few test laps, so a clean slate, got smashed pretty good, AI were Aliens that loved driving over the top of kerbs at Zolder..
    The slowed right down for spun cars a couple of times which allowed me to pass a pack with ease on a couple of occations.

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Goodness you’ve resurrected an old thread here!

As far as I know the adaptive-ai has not been changed in the latest update. The main point is you need to run several short races with the car and track combo and the ai will adapt to your pace.

It sounds like you went straight into a championship race and so ai had no basis to set the right level for you. Best to do some short practice races first!

By the way this old thread is a great example of the R3E community at work - someone raises an issue, people comment and one of the devs (in this case the boss) drops in with a fix. :):D

Don’t be put off by any of the negativity around the update - firstly it’s brilliant and second the devs will be listening and will find solutions to the problems that have arisen. We / they always have. The angst comes from the fact that we LOVE this game so much and feel a profound sense of loss when something isn’t working properly - even short term.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :) Though I'm pretty sure he now feels offended :)

6. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Huh?

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm just kidding, cause I had to laugh about your eloquent answer ...strange that I have to explain but hey : I gave you a "funny" one :)

8. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man! Appreciate the reply, i've done a few more 11 lap races now to get the data in the system, gotta say it's pretty fun so far, and I like the physics (ie: not losing the back end around corners on every car !!!)

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Rexx Fernandez I only can imagine what you are thinking of, when you write
    [​IMG]
    ;)