The future of Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playlessNamer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Something I forgot to mention in the stream is that ABS artificial assist was made in such a way that it extends your braking distance, so there's no real need for a weight penalty for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, one more question :)
    J-F any CPU optimisation?

3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the stream! I think it’s a great idea and format for giving us informations and some peeks into development stuff. I like this ‚raw‘ impro (not negative!) style of the video! I’m looking forward to some more streams in the future!:)

4. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Well CPU optimization is part of the investigation that is currently ongoing.

RaceRoom is built on a lot of old code structures, some of them dating back to GTR 1, and its architecture makes it CPU intensive. So those VR optimization and CPU optimizations would come hand in hand.

5. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear, it's probably cringe inducing for many others, but at least it was nice for someone hehe

6. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes thanks for this stream, I am looking forward watching the next one :)

7. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    As much as I wish and hope for VR improvements, I guess we have to be realistic. In my opinion R3E is not the worst in terms of VR performance and great improvements would only be possible with mechanics like Nvidias VR Work, thinking of SMP (Simultaneous Multi-Projection)... but for this the engine supports the wrong DX version. Even sims on higher DX versions don’t support it, so it’s perhaps not that easy to implement... for the time being, I think we can be happy as well as it performs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hello J-F

Do you think you can make the Leaderboards on the www readable on Smartphones? Many people will check their times on the Smartphone, but you can't read the details and you can't choose cars / classes / tracks on smartphones or tablets.

I hope, this wouldn't be such a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It didn't make me cringe, but it made me turn up my hearing aid volume to 11. Crank up that mic next time, please. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @J-F

Can you reveil some informations about RE3 in case of GT3-cars in the future? Are there any plans for further GT3 cars or maybe more / current liveries for GT3 cars?

11. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather leave that to @Georg Ortner to decide when to reveal information about what cars are coming out and when.

What I can say about GT3 is that the wishes for AI filters (so you can have AI only race the current models for example) will be satisfied in the coming months at last. Also I do have eyes out on the new GT3 models being announced and released and wouldn't want to stop updating our most popular car class.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Nice new menu structure. Also nice to see ABS for those wanting it. Factory presets for ABS and TC availability are the way to go.

May I ask about lock-to-horizon for VR players?

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I think those two options lateral and vertical something are more about swinging cameras following the car (I assume in either chase view or trackside replay)...? Thats how I understood it. Also, there were two percentage scales, but for selecting loc- to-car or lock-to-horizon you would need a single switch only.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes, I meant those options, too, pitch and roll lags, I just remembered them by a wrong name.

15. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    So no more modifications in the car's camera file

16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The stream was great, many thanks, it's good to get an idea what is coming up in the game. Can I ask is there any plans to modify the way the clutch works? At the moment it's not really needed for starts as you can just gas it. Would be good to have full use of it and also allow the car to stall if not used correctly.

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Correct. The pitch and yaw lag options are basically menu items for the orientation speed values we used to edit with workarounds like this in the past: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...world-movement-for-vr-users.7484/#post-109600
    Clutch behaviour is being overhauled, yes, but only a dev could tell you when those changes will get released.

18. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to show you what's coming. Maybe we do a stream together with @Alex Hodgkinson that would be dedicated to that.

In fact, I have no problem handling a H gearbox in my real car, but once I sit in a simulator, no matter the game I play, my brain just stops all coordination functions and I just can't. It's really weird :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    No more teasing, write us the release notes because we are all out of breath and will die in 2 minutes :)

20. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Let's definitely do this, we've worked very hard on lots of new stuff and it's time we showed it off :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1