Released GT4 cars are coming in November

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Think what is meant is that the position banner at the top only shows cars in the same class as yourself. Would be so much easier if S3 just colour coded each class but left all cars visible in their actual running order. At the moment if you have 2 cars behind from different classes you have no idea which one is which, not without spending far too long looking in your mirrors (this is where accidents happen) be far easier if you could glance at the banner and see, well in advance, who to let by or not.
    This has put an end to multi class racing over at RD, what with Crew Chief being a bit random on providing the required information. Seems a shame when a tweak here and there would bring it back again.

* Just to throw in an idea for next weeks surprise, little birdy told me that the GT3 class is to be expanded, with the option to pick which cars you you want to race against (in the same class). Thing is, are Avian's capable of fake news?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    If you get a bunch of gt4s you will probably be disappointed. The ones they were considering adding was converting the German national class to gt4. Hope I am wrong though.

3. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    They used to be amongst our most popular events, so it's a real shame that they're no longer possible.

4. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Get creative with SimHub maybe :)
    [​IMG]

But sure i do miss that option to show Multiple class in the position bar too

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    They were thinking of converting GTR2 with the old GTRX class too. That did not happen.

Hope they arent adding the German nationals to GT4. It would be weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Me and you both, the would be a awful conversion and a waste of time, lets have real not make believe..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I think, those cars might be nice to go with either Cayman Trophy or the TT VLN cup if the performance kinda matches which i doubt. Or better to leave them alone and add more liveries so that they can be a separate class in multiclass.

8. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I would not be a fan of moving the current German Nationals cars over, I can see the 722 being made into a cup car since it was designed to be one, but the C25 for me can just be retired, I'm not really a fan of the fake cars anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Every car is a fake car unless somebody will have the idea to create it. Thats why there is a 911 in the GT4 class, thats why there was a Ford GT in the GT1 class, thats why there is a Camaro in the GT Masters (GT3) and thats why there is F-16 styled KTM in the GT4. I really would like to see a SLR 722 Cup and a C25 GT4, both with actual physics and tires would be awesome.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ?? what do you mean? The Camaro GT3 is (was) real, same for the KTM Xbow GT4.

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess he ment it the other way round... as long those cars made it's real life appearence in those classes, nobody would have expected them in that class (ok, the Ford GT1 had quite a good placement in that class ;) )

12. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Also, everyone talking about content... Honestly i'm hoping the next "big reveals" are features. We already knew gt4 was close, we also have fuji on the way and gtr2 will be redone with new phisics. All of this is cool but ... Features ? time to slap "the list here"

-no cooldown lap after race
    -qualifying ending right after the time runs out and not letting you finish the started lap
    -no rollings starts for multiplayer
    -no ai selector singleplayer
    -no false starts
    -no quickchat and no propper chat system in general
    -Can't ajust FOV ingame
    -Can't stall the cars
    -Working lights in cockpit, ABS light when ABS is triggered, when lights are turned on etc .... Currently this doesn't happen.
    -kick / ban feature
    -Limit number of cars/classes in multiplayer. So a server can choose to have, for exemple, a server can select to have 10 gt3 and 10 lmp2 max
    -Leaving pits and crossing line detection
    -Let server set limit of contacts for a race
    -Add decimal place to brake bias on setup menu. you can't tell if its 50.0% or 50.5% in some cars
    -Track grip doesn't vary through the race, it does change from session to session.
    -Driver rankings with all the safety ratings and stuff, ELO system.
    -no tyre pressure options
    -Updated damage model
    -Driver Swap
    -Can't go to menu and back to race
    -Esport viewer in game, watch someone elses race (specially esports races!) inside the game like DOTA 2 and CSGO have. Dota 2 is an amazing example. You can even change comentator and choose wether or not you want to see him move around the camera or just listening to him and you move it around. This would be amazing for esports.
    -AI Agression
    -Mirror ajustment
    -Tab showing the class on the general overview in the menu
    -Show more info in the session info menu like mandatory pitstop or not.
    -Safety car, Code 60 , VSC , FCY, etc...
    -Lock to horizon
    -Custom number for driver instead of forcing number in skin.
    -Online custom BOP with weight and power ajustments.
    -basic ingame telemetry viewer
    -Flat spotting simulation
    -HUD ajustments
    -moving fingers on shifter
    -White flag for last lap

And "those" things.

-DX11 update, UE4
    -Full dynamic track
    -Night
    -Rain
    -Playing offline
    -Bands Hatch GP

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I also would like to see more features, but is this really the place to make a list ?
    We already have threads for that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You can on H-pattern... (but I agree for sequential cars ^^)

15. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It also not like Secor 3 know about this stuff anyway, you don't need to keep posting this list after every single announcement or patch thread. ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can finish your qualy lap after the timer (in single player anyway, not sure about multiplayer)

17. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    You can map a key to this.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Only on triple screens though if i remember correctly.... I don't see it as an issue though...once its set why would you need to change it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Well, keeping the degree of suffering at a certain level ... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    You may be right as I have triples.

Oddly enough, I had my triple screen FOV mapped according to the math equation that was given when it was announced a while back, but just recently mapped the FOV adjustment and tweaked it. Even though my math was correct it never looked quite right, but I was able to make some adjustments and now things seem much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1