Problem Ridiculous framerate at "Shanghai"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NoXiD, Jun 9, 2015.

1. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame I've had to make some compromises but it still looks good, but more importantly plays fine...75-120fps. So now I can get back to vsync.

Could probably reduce the Contact shadows but it looks weird on the replays, when there are too few. Anyway I hope this helps, spec in my signature.

2015-06-10_00001.jpg 2015-06-10_00002.jpg 2015-06-10_00004.jpg 2015-06-10_00003.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. MarcM

MarcM Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Radeon 5700 HD - GPU 100% from the first corner to last (memory and CPU look ok). No chance to drive this track for me - even on lowest possible settings. I know - the system is not up to date anymore, but usually it works well on other tracks (even with some "luxury" settings like medium textures). Maybe time to adjust the min requirements on Steam a bit, or to add a warning on the store page for certain tracks.

However - what I was able to see (with 1 frame per second or so) looked quite nice. ...need to talk to my minister of finance about some budget changes ...

• Like Like x 3
  3. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i use geforce experience. I will give it a try. I uninstall my experience and all kind of nvidia Software and install just the gpu driver. I hope this can help me.

4. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    With my system I usually have vsync enabled and I am usually pinned at 60fps on all tracks even in heavy traffic. I do notice on this track I drop into the 40's at times. Not horrible but not great. I havent adjusted my settings at all and I dont have anywhere near a state of the art system.

5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    This was exactly my situation. My new settings are above.

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Short feedback: Checked it with Moscow (stutter) and Salzburgring (FPS Drop) with full shadows on (I don`t own shanghai yet): If any there is only a slight advancement FPS wise on my side. Reducing the track details to low at Moscow betters the stutter , as well as reducing the shadow quality to medium increases the FPS on both tracks (45-60/ but mostly around 60 FPS) . So still the best option for me is to shut off shadows completely (see my specs above) - thats the "failsafe" settings to get 60 FPS with full grid and good looking surroundings, and any time of day setting - anyway I don`t care much about it (due to tunnelview while racing ;) ) as long as I find a decent compromise....
    I#m actually glad that S3 (like always) provides a lot of options to tweak it to your own liking (and along with your resources) ...
    Guess there is some wide space for S3 optimizing trackside objects like buildings , trees a.s.o to increase the overall performance for every player - no matter what PC specs...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman: i must the shadows also OFF and some settings of low make it. Shanghai track 60-80fps now, other tracks 80-90.
    I like shadows, it`s real atmosphere, but now... :disrelieved:

8. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    But that cant be the way we have to go... Evry time switching the Video settings when we play on different tracks... It is just weird and absolutly not acceptable for the future

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    NoxiD: you are right and then the track NOS coming, all LOW. *lol*
    It`s not funny!!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. monzoom

monzoom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sad but true, for me the same Problems with that Track.
    When i turn off all shadow settings, the FPS are better. But far away from 'good'. I experienced a few other settings, but nothing improved the bad performance.
    (I5 4670K, GTX660)

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I get some slow down and stuttering too when the big tower / bridge thing is visible - i5 4690 with AMD R9 280. It drops from a solid 60fps (v synch) to 50 or less. This is the only fps drop I see in the whole game, even Moscow is smooth with my system at the settings I use

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Sector3
    Maybe you should set up a real shitty PC with min.specs at your studio cause if it runs smooth there it should run smooth everywhere....
    *just teasing* ;)

13. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    That would be a worst case!!!

14. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Nothing has changed! I removed all Nvidia stuff and installd just the newest driver. Same disaster

15. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Next try! i removed all files from C:/user/player/own documents/my games/SimBin (arround 15 gigabyte)
    Unistall Raceroom and install raceroom now agian. I got 100MBit so it take not loong to download agian

Is there any option to disable record replays???

16. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Same situation! Is there any option to disable record replays???

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    You tried unplugging your controller(s) and see if it runs OK playing with keyboard, just to rule things out

18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad idea, did the same a while ago and noticed some improvements regarding the overall performance BUT before you should check file coherence via Steam/RRE/Properties...except you already did..and yes ...a mailfunctioning FFB wheel/controller can cause props too...see ? Everybody wants you to enjoy the game wholeheardly :)

19. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes i try this. Same disaster

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Very odd, you should be getting great frame rates. Tried putting everything back to stock settings? Is it your CPU or GPU that's maxed out? MSI afterburner might point you in the right direction.

As a last resort, perhaps loading your motherboard's default settings is worth a go?