App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    thanks fella :)

2. IrishLenny

IrishLenny New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I downloaded this (and Raceroom) recently and have to say it is the single best crew / spotter I've encountered in any game! The quality of voices is uncannily real and even weirder when Jim says my name! Thank you so much. Donation will be on its way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. [RLM] Jake Sorak

[RLM] Jake Sorak New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great tool. I use it always across the sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, for a while, there has been an issue with the telemetry plugin for Automobilista that Crew Chief is using if you are also using up-to-date SimHub, as SimHub has updated the plugin to a newer version that's apparently been around for a while. The result is that you can get either CC working or SimHub working, but not both (unless you force SimHub to think AMS is actually rF1, which works, but is kinda annoying, especially since you need to disable the automatic game detection in SimHub). Could the plugin version in Crew Chief be updated as well so this isn't an issue? Cheers.

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Do you know where I can find the source / documentation for this updated plugin?

6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    A quick question. Is it possible to get lap times of a practice mode? When a race session ends, I can copy my lap times from CrewChief and paste it to my Excel form to keep track of my progress. But it doesn't seem to work with practice mode...

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for the late response, I completely forgot about this and I don't really follow notifications much on this forum... :oops:

Anyway, the source should be available through the plugin GitHub, I believe:

https://github.com/dallongo/rFactorSharedMemoryMap

Crew Chief seems to be using the 1.1.0.0 version, while SimHub recently switched to the 2.0.0.0 version (which, according to the SimHub dev, contains some new AMS specific things and was requested numerous times from him), and each of the apps is apparently only looking for the specific version. Or so it seems, at least.

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Looking at Dan's repo, the 2.0.0.0 plugin release is very similar to the 1.1.0.0 release. At least, that's how it appears looking at the code - it looks like it should be compatible. However, there's a substantial rewrite that's come *after* the 2.0.0.0 release. I wonder if there's a version built from the more recent code that simhub is using, which is substantially different from the 2.0.0.0 on Dan's GitHub repo.

Does cc complain if you use 2.0.0.0? Or does it simply not work?

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski Yeah, each of the apps complain about the configuration not being correct if you use the plugin from the other one. If you install the plugin from CC and ignore the SimHub warning, then SimHub doesn't work at all, and if you install the plugin from SimHub and ignore the warning in CC, then CC doesn't work at all. The only option to get both apps working currently is to install the plugin from CC and force SimHub into rFactor 1 mode.

10. RLM Simon

RLM Simon Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    This needs to be implemented into RaceRoom. Such a great tool!

11. welshy46

welshy46 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just heard we now have Billy Strange as a spotter. 2019 has kicked off nicely. Nice one Jim I've sent a small donation. Keep up the great work you have been doing. Happy new year.

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No way, its better as a separate app, imagine if we had to wait for sector3 to bring updates to it..... Jim does a fantastic job

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The advantage of keeping it as a separate app is you can use it in almost any sim. It's good to hear always the same familiar voice while driving in R3E, AC, AMS, PC2, ....:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Next voice to be added should be Gordon Ramsey :tearsofjoy:

15. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    hire this guy

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Could you rerecord the name for the AI driver Maxime Martin? He is Belgian so it needs to have a French touch :)

Like here:

17. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    In windows 10, with multiple sound cards, when I tell windows to have crewchief sound come out through a sound card other than the windows "default", the audio from your program is split in two. Background noise comes through the sound card you chose, and the voice comes through the windows "default", if at all.

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim

Just letting you know that for some reason the fuelling macros dont seem to be working for me. I reset all keymaps back to default (as written in crewchief docs). It will do pit requests but seems to mess up when asked to do fuel...

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nothing has changed in that code for a few weeks. What are the symptoms?

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Have just checked and macros are enabled in CC properties so all good there.
    So I will be in pit menu and fuel highlighted, i say fuel 10 litres, or fuel to end, CC acknowledges but doesn't change the value....sometimes the highlight drops down to the next field (tyres)