VR getting 60-70fps now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Jeffries, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Everyone!

I've been using a Pimax 5k+ headset for about a month now, and previously I had the HTC Vive Pro.
    My PC Specs are an 8700k@4.8 All Cores, 32gb Ram, RTX 2080Ti FE, running off an M.2 SSD.

Recently I noticed since the last update that fpsVR is showing me CPU Frametimes around 15ms and a really jagged frame graph. It's causing me to get 60-70fps. I've tried 2 different cars and tracks, and the same thing is happening. CPU is at 78% usage. GPU is even less, so there's no bottlenecks that I can see but something is off. I've set most settings to low. Only car/track to high. Also, I had SS at 150 and I dropped it to SteamVR SS 100% now, and still the same thing.

Is anyone else getting similar results?

2. ChristianKA

ChristianKA New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Try to disable msi afterburner if installed. Helped me a lot.

3. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Didnt think of this one either. Ill try it next time wirh higher SS Values... But I did figure it out. RaceRoom's SteamVR SS values changed for me with the Pimax 5k+

What worked well on 150-170%, now recommended 60%, and when I lowered it to 60% and 70%, down from 100% (the last SteamVR SS I had RaceRoom at), it gave me the flat 90fps I needed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018