Released 19th December 2018 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 19, 2018.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    The AI-Selector is really benchmark.

A maximum of free of design. Either selecting your on grid by defining each single liverie or car, or let's help by the programm to fill up the oppenents after you specified the raceclasses or even not. I fall in love with it.

In addition the ui is absolutely well-structured and very good visualized. It's far beyond what we sim-racers have seen so far I mean. Outstanding job by Sector 3.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Finally got to spend a testing session. The long-waited-.for AI selector works like a charm, and is cleverly, ergonomically designed. Good solution! Driving in the new Porsche, was plesant, I like the loose feel of the car. Driving it in a cloud of DTM92, Tiuring Classics and NSUs at Spa - took me two laps and I was drunk like a sailor.

Nice christmas presents, well done!

(I posted the above originally in a wrong thread on an older update from Novembre. Just moving it here, to bring things into order before christmas :) ).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Guys, have you seen how Sepang looks now, after the update? I ran a race yesterday and I was astonished how much it has changed! The surroundings are mind blowing, especially new tribunes. They make you feel so small, I love it! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sad, that it was not mentioned in the change log.

5. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    just want to say wow.. ive been very critical over rr in the last few years. Finally its a sim worthy of the fight to the likes of RF2 ams and iracing!

Had a mixed GT3/4 race and was fighting for 3rd in the porsche! last lap started to lap the last of the gt4s what a freaking fight!!!

Thanks S3 think you finally have nailed it!

Just missing some liveries from when I purchased a pack last month. cmon @Kitsune Magyar where r you mate hehe

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The game files for Sepang haven't been changed in the last 6 months.

7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Not possible. I was racing in Sepang after november update and after december one. It obviously look way more shiny now with a lot of objects added. In fact, I couldnt focus on driving first couple of laps, as I was admiring sides :p

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    You sure you've not changed your gfx settings? I wasn't aware of any major changes

9. Alex Hummler

Alex Hummler KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -0
    Nothing was added

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Well, then I guess some better graphics options were activated somehow on my side after the update regarding track objects. As far as I remember there was another guy who was surprised by the "new look of Spa". I probably read his comment under some video about RRE after december update. Then I'm sorry for misleading you :)

@Edit
    Ok, just to be sure I ran some practice sessions in various tracks to check how they look and... omg. My settings probably must have been set to medium all the time or something because WOW! That's a bit stupid but I'm racing in RRE for over a year and I never knew tracks are that much detailed and look that good! :eek: :eek: I consider this as one more feature of december update - all circuits totally enchanced!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I just did a multiclass race on the Nordschleife with a WTCR car. After the start, I overtook a few of the Cayman GT4 CS cars in front of me which resulted in blue flags being shown for me. Is it supposed to be like that because their car class is considered to be faster? I don't think showing blue flags when you are on the same lap makes sense.

Apart from that, I think the WTCR class should be considered to be faster than the Cayman GT4 CS class.

12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    In multi class race you can appreciate the quality of the AI in R3E. I did a test with 9 NSU and my TT RS :) I was in front of the Pack and then I slowed down; All the NSU overtook me correctly.

Try to do the same test with ACC and you will be disappointed :)

13. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    You had me going there! :p
    Mind you, due to a hefty numbers of blows to the head as a teenager, I tend to think there's new objects and details to see every time I load up a track. Saves me money by not needing to purchase high-end graphics cards. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Working shift work all week, I hadn't had a chance to try the Holy Grail of Raceroom's latest update, 100 cars on the Nordschleife. This morning after working all night, I couldn't sleep I had to give it a go. Blurry eyed I picked my beloved Audi and and a VLN grid. After the first lap I could't stop grinning. 2 hours later when my wife got up she stated "you are just like a kid at Christmas, go to bed for awhile." I said "yes, yes I am" Thank you Raceroom.

• Like Like x 8
  15. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Next Step - DirectX 11 + ...
    Practice: AC vs RR - Load % + *C
    BMW Z4 GT3 - Nordschleife - Tourist [​IMG]
    PS: + speed-limit on pit-lane Nordschleife - Tourist
    & barriers as in real or AC ...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thanks for more pointless info

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, love the update, but please may I request something?

So, as we all know, "hidden" skins are a thing in this game, and as they do not appear when their respective car is selected on the car selector, we can't race against those skins when we manually select opponents. I understand that you can't buy these skins, but would it be possible to include these skins in the AI selector?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well I for one am glad to see the back of that black corvette.....

19. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    More useful information
    Especially for Andy ...
    Nordschleife - Tourist - Standing Start
    All cars - RWD after launch sharply leads to the right!
    As a beta tester you have to make a report for Devs ... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PS: It's Fake 100% ... Looks like clones in different clothes!

20. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife - Classic - 20.832m
    Standing Start - Good
    Rolling Start - Crazy AI - 4th gear before 1 turn :eek:
    PS: here example: R-Start, S-Start

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018