Released 19th December 2018 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 19, 2018.

1. narmeth

narmeth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    incredibly good multiclass racing really good job, tried p1,p2,gt3,gt4 and when racing mc with those setup with 43 opponents on Silverstone it really looked like a real wec race with the crowd and traffic, the best mc AI traffic control of course with some little problems but those can easily will be solved, but as needed will P1 and P2 get update for physics and tyres?
    on the other hand after this mc as we can try 100 cars on Nords it would be better if implement grouped start with 40 (or 30 cars maybe) like real life races (as this was mentioned somewhere) for not to wait approximately 90 mins to start multiclass insanity..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they will be easily solved. Tricky task for the coders though... :D
    Fixes.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    @narmeth
    If you take a look at all the different sims out there you will notice each of it struggles with the traffic control, especially when faster classes overtake slower ones.
    It's pretty well managed in raceroom. You almost do not save time since you are much quicker in overtaking. The ai is very competitve and when you enjoy a close race from the beginning this can be preserved through the overtaking actions until the end of the race. Sure there is always room for improvements but all in all it's quite well.

4. narmeth

narmeth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello mate, I couldn't understand why you state this because as I told the same as below this is the best mc experience all other sims with any race against AI, the problem I told but not mentioned (my mistake :) ) was when you enter a corner inside of slower class they sometimes (not always just sometimes) trying to close the door on to you even when side by side but you also mentioned always room for improvements and this is very early stage of mc in R3E, but other than that as said it really looked like a real wec race..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    My word, I just discovered this update! Multiclass SP and a livery selector in one patch! Amazing, can't wait to get home and try it - thanks for all the work in this and can't wait to try (and hear) the 934 and to see what else the Group 4 class brings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I retired from racing game half a year ago
    But I will withdraw my retirement
    Thank you for a wonderful update;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
  7. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back :p

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much:)

9. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say that, although i don't really play singleplayer i am really glad the selector is here now! :)
    Looking forward to the next Porsches and whatever will come in 2019!

10. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hadn't played the game for about 3 months before today. Has the downshifting changed in the last 3 months? (Porsche 911 GTR3) I noticed that sometimes it just does not shift down and there is no beep, either. I suspect it is due to wrongly timed downshifting by me, but maybe my wheel has shifter issues again.

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If it's not downshifting or beeping then indeed it could be a hardware issue, try assigning downshift to a different button and see if it changes anything

12. Nordschleife

Nordschleife Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Wo stelle ich das mit dem Ton beim verhinderten Herunterschalten ein ?