AI Difficulty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhino_WJB, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Only common sense, like many players who have been asking for years.

Vote dislike or disagree is to vote not want to improve the game, I see nothing wrong having more options in the game, you can continue playing with the current aggression and put the slider in 100, otherwise we can have the option to download it.

If GTR2 had the slider why can not Race Room have it?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Actually I am not sure if he is just trolling... who would spend his time whining and complaining about the same thing over and over for months while almost noone agrees, ignoring every advice how he could improve his experience. I mean, there are other options to race in a more „safe“ environment. Why bother with the „funny, far from reality“ guys?

3. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, and no doubt if it was as simple as you seem to think it is then they would have done it, instead they have created Adaptive AI. I don't know what coding would be involved in marrying the two but I suspect it would be a mammoth task.
    In one of my kinder moments I allowed that we all can have different experiences with the AI but it seems that the vast bulk of players are pretty happy with it and don't want a unchallenging AC type.
    I suggest you do some online where you'll soon discover that in many cases the AI is much less aggressive than your fellow human drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how much real life motorsport you watch but I see plenty of incidents in many races especially support ones, so I'm not sure I agree with you on that. An awareness of how the AI in any game behaves helps deal with it and I like the fact that when I pass an AI car in RaceRoom that's not the end of the battle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tostador

Tostador New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I´m disappointed with the IA in GT2 and GT3 races (the ones I have tried). It looks like the ia car once is ahead always starts to be slowlier, so that way the ia cars, instead of spreading in a natural way, are always crowd together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    What happens when you increase AI strength is the AI brake later, try to take more corner speed and get on the throttle earlier. Physics are not modified.

• Informative Informative x 7
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'd have to sort of agree with that but then people will always complain about the AI train.
    But I also note that when I'm out front not every lap that I run is consistent and have the occasional bad lap.

So whilst I guess it is a little unnatural to have them group like they do; it does make for some great fun racing against them as it gives you that incentive/hope that they will fight each other giving you the opportunity to catch the front runners.
    It also makes for some interesting & exciting battles when trying to pass two or three cars that are battling each other.

So I'm happy to sacrifice some boring realism for the sake of creating a fun and exciting experience.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally I prefer the previous ai behaviour. Battling midfild gaining some positions till the cars in front decrease racing speed and block all track, making you lose the hard earned distance and most of the time provoking bumping and accidents.

9. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm 50/50 now...slowly changing my mind from my previous statement
    I love how the battle and been part of the battle BUT there is something wrong when you qualify 18th and can relatively easily catch the leading pack because they are battling slowing themselves down by 1 or 2 seconds a lap.

At least when you pass the leader and get into first spot seem to not battle so much and hence keep you honest.
    Once I pass the pack my lap times are 1- 2 seconds faster so I wonder how this all pans out with the Adaptive AI calculations!

At this stage I don't want to see a return to the old AI but I think I'd sooner see something mid way between.

I know what we need ....we need an "AI Competitiveness" slider :D

....and before you jump in nano that is very different to an AI Aggression Slider:p

I have to say the "aggression" of the AI against me the player seems pretty darn perfect at the moment. They are giving me some fun racing, punishing me if I go off line but yet giving me room if they go off line and I stick my nose in there to take advantage.

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Just did a short 10 min race with ai at 103, it's really a blast to battle with the ai in R3E.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    AI still needs improvements. I've tried to play in the GTR2 class a dozen times and always something bad happens on some tracks. Ex: on Imola someone mistakes after the straight or at Villeneuve; on Spa they lose control after Kemmel straight and seem to have extra grip in Pouhon. Other classes that I play with more often don't have this problems.

12. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    The thing I don't like about the AI are the corners on tracks where they have no reason to brake at... ie imola first left hand link after start/finish line. No reason not to take it full out or nearly so, yet the group 5 and group 4 cars always brake there

13. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I brake there too though. I get a better front straight top speed. It’s just a tap on the brakes though.

In fairness the GT3 AIs (at 116%) are quicker than me through those last two corners and I’m commonly pulling high 1:42’s in race laps.

I’ve seen a lot of places where they brake really early - then in the last 15 meters throw an anchor out the window and stop 35% faster than I can.