FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, my point is that both ACs get slightly superior, slightly more subtle FFB with much less hassle. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Why are you talking about AC's FFB here? It's completely irrelevant since your entire point was solely talking about removing FFB options. How AC feels doesnt matter.

AC1's FFB hasnt changed in years... so if you are feeling something progress in terms of FFB... your mind is playing tricks on you. Badly.

There arent any options which is the entire problem my previous comment described. The FFB is garbage because you cannot manually adjust things to improve what needs improving for your specific wheel.

While hyperbolic, and not truly garbage, the FFB is certainly lacking badly in many people's minds as evidenced by all of the valid complaints.

Wut.jpg

RR's FFB similarly hasnt changed in 2+ yrs... lol. Certain cars have been updated and feel a bit different, but the underlying FFB code hasnt just changed recently.

So, you cant figure out what the various settings do? Or cant figure out how to tweak them to your liking? I already established that they are simple to understand, so it must be the latter.

This entire comment is rhetorical, since you didnt counter the argument that having options is superior to having no options. Your comment once again boils down to, "I dont understand how to set up the FFB to feel good on my wheel, so all FFB options should be removed to dumb it down for me, and woe is everyone else if they could have made use of those options." :p

Once again, the mere presence of settings does not mean you need to utilize them. Imagine they dont exist, and then you will get your wish of having nothing to tweak. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Nate,
    you really need to learn to pay better attention to what people actually are saying. And maybe also to control your temper.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    All I am initially was about is that there are so many axis and settings to set up wheel behaviour and force feedback that is starts to be confusing and is not helpful, even more so since many of these options are not self-explanatory by their title and the added line of "explanation" is not helpful as well and explains often nothing, just repeats the option name. And I said that similar good, imo even slighty more subtle FFB can be set up with less hassle, and that AC1 showed that and ACC shows it again as well, and demonstrates even more obviously this simplicity in setting all up than AC1.

Its needlessly complicated in RR, and I see no advantage being gained from this design.

Iam up and running, but everything feels different and not as before, I also have a strange virtual "notch" in the wheel centre position now that before I had not, and which I can only elimjnate now by loosing plenty of FFB complexity in effects by reducing one of those values, the notch is gone only at the cost of FFB feeling wishy-washy and way too soft.

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    About the virtual "notch" in the wheel centre : do you have the "Steering Rack" at 100 ? If so try to set it at 0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    "Steering Rack" definitely induces some un-wanted artifacts (near center) when using the OSW.

Overall, I'm enjoying RR-FFB very much now (since the new Touring cars) and one thing I find lacking in ACC is something to serve as a front grip-loss cue in the FFB. Users of other wheels are reporting feeling under-steer but, I'm not able to and something like RR's Slip-effect might help. Having the ability to tweak the frequency is really nice too. :)

7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I'll drop this here. This is what I recommend as a starting point for FFB settings:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson Is this for a specific wheel or are these general settings?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Do you have settings for a osw simucube ?
    Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    These are general settings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, do we just copy and paste this somewhere?
    Ty

12. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The ffb settings are in there: C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Simply open the .rcs file with notepad and replace the lines with the ones from Alex or change the values.
    Be careful though, for example the FFB steer force input max is set to -11500.0 and the minus is used to reverse ffb to work properly with Logitech wheels if I'm correct. If you have a Thrustmaster like me the effects will be reversed and You will be surprised when trying to drive with this ^^ ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Brabie, Thrustmaster wheel so will look out. :)

Edit: Barbie

14. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick idea that really helped with ffb settings.
    Set everything to it’s minimum. Then load up any car you like. I’m a gt lover so I used gt3. Turn on the ffb meter. Now set each setting one at a time individually to it’s max. Drive around the track to see how it effects the wheel. Go over the rumble strips in the the grass and dirt. Work the car so to speak. Turn that one off and do a different one until you have tried all the settings.
    Then still using the ffb meter start turning on the various settings one at a time. See what effect it has to the existing settings. Because as you add in more settings it will show the effect in the meter. And just keep increasing and or decreasing settings until everything is working with in the minimum/ maximum lines. Then start adjusting to your preferences. Plus, after you do all that, you can harden or soften each car in the steering settings.
    It takes a while. But in my opinion it’s worth the effort.

15. ROMGTR

ROMGTR New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has the default setting for v2.5 steering wheel?

Thanks in advance

16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Expected now the settings from the master himself.
    But it is only a 100 percent thing. Wheel is rattling is screws up, while standing in the box.

Alex, are you driving with values around this point? Or what was the point to posting them? :)

17. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Both of my DD-wheels rattle in the pits, and there's nothing to create any slop; it's just in the FFB signal at stand-still.

18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    could this be to do with the fact that there is no weight to the wheel until car is moving and the throttle vibe comming through ?

Andi

19. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Good question, I do have engine-vibes enabled in SC4 but, not in RR. I'll try to test that and see if it's still there.

20. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Try putting steering rack effects to 0 or 100 if you haven't already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.