Welcome to the Sector3 forums!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

1. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum.

Lots of interesting things to read.

Jack.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    HI :D @J.Taylor welcome aboard, where you from ?

3. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!
    I’m from the UK, as far south-west as you can imagine.

4. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Cheers , have a look in the leagues and community section of the forum and you will find a couple of leagues there that will Taylor to your time zone :D

5. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Pun not intended hehe, thanks. Where abouts are you from?
    I have posted in the leagues/community section of the forum as I have started a small community on Facebook and Discord, nothing fancy.

There’s some good content on this forum I need to have a proper look around

6. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, I am a new to this forum and game somewhat :) Also a long time Georg Ortner fan, hey Georg! Great presentation and atmosphere in this sim. Looking forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Brian Gildea, high and welcome :D, where you from in the world?

8. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi tex_548 thanks so much. I am from New Jersey USA.
    Hey quick question, to add a signature with rig info do you need to post a certain number of posts?

9. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Yeah , also check out leagues and communities, there is probably a group or 2 to suit your time zone :)

10. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    will do, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matias Polidoro

Matias Polidoro New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys! My name is Matias, I´m from Argentina. Sorry for my English!!.
    It is a pleassure to be at this forum!!
    Thank you!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  13. RLM Simon

RLM Simon Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi, been playing RaceRoom for a while, also own a couple of communities.

Have to say, this is my go to Sim, nothing comes close to FFB detail, and the sounds! Amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Ismael

Ismael New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I wanted to ask how you can see the penalties you have in the race in a drift-true plan, because a race has happened to me I have not seen it and they have thrown me out.

Greetings and thank you

16. Bobbavet

Bobbavet New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gday all. Bobbavet from Australia. Finally got around to getting RRE thanks to the Xmas specials. Have the other car sims and looking forward to giving this a go. Content looks great, but willing to spring vrp for a few other bits and bobs.
    Would like an updated uncensored Bathurst track, seeing as I am an "adult". A Dodge challenger for the GT3's. Maybe a V8TC class.
    Other than that all good. :)

17. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  18. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys and girls!

My handle is taufikp. I used to be member of ISI forum (and lot of other sim racing forums), but I have been inactive in racing sim since I broke my Momo wheel in late 2013!

So, yesterday I reinstalled my GTR2 in my crappy laptop (intel core i5 2.4GHz with discrete graphic AMD M300), and I'm quite surprised that my sorry ass laptop actually can handle GTR2 quite well: 100+ FPS with high graphic setting! This morning I decided to give RaceRoom a try (since it's free, hahaha), and quite surprised that my laptop can handle it as well, although sometimes it is not as smooth as GTR2 but still playable (how to show the FPS counter tho?).

Of course, the first problem I encountered was... the terrible gamepad default setting! I can't afford to buy a new steering wheel yet, and I have to play racing games with gamepad, a Logitech Dual Action, not a bad gamepad, but it's not great either.

Through a lot of trial and error and hair pulling rituals, I finally found the 'enjoyable' gamepad setting, I can enjoy R3E much much much better now. The handling is still quite twitchy, but I can handle it better. The default gamepad setting in GTR2 is not good too, but it's easier to make the required changes in GTR2 than R3E. The gamepad setting in R3E is ... confusing! And requires a lot of trial and error to achieve proper and drivable setting!

Anyway, after I played R3E for a couple of hours, I was quite pleased with this game, and I bought Nordschleife track, hahaha!

A big thanks to devs for creating R3E. Merry christmas and happy new year to you devs and of course R3E community!

• Like Like x 1
  19. RLM Simon

RLM Simon Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    To display your FPS you can either use third party software like MSI Afterburner, FRAPS, etc.
    Or you can go into steam settings whilst in game. Holding down Shift and Tab, then go to settings, then In-Game section, and click In-Game FPS counter. While there, select where you want it to be displayed on your screen:
    So Top left, Right, Bottom Left, Right. :)

20. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh wow, so there's no built in FPS counter? I did not expect that, hahaha. Thanks for the info Simon!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018