Want To Buy Nurburgring Legend DLC, But Already Has Nordschleife Track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Dec 30, 2018.

1. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!

I want to buy Nurburgring Legends DLC, but I already have Nordschleife track. So my question is this: is it possible for me to buy this DLC without Nordschleife? I want to save my download time and the cost as well.

Thanks!

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    the game should recognise you have part of the content and do a discount , dont get it from steam do it in game ; if no discount ingame is offered take a screen shot and repost

Andi

3. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that's a good news indeed! Thanks a lot, I will give it a try now!

4. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Too bad, Nurburgring Legends is not available in the in-game store.

I decided to buy the Starter Pack instead, but R3E store always failed to proceed after I click the 'Authorize' button inside Steam's pop up window. The Steam window itself took almost 15 mins to show after I clicked on R3E's Confirm button, slow connection between R3E and Steam? I've been trying this for 2 hours now, and R3E store always stuck in its own confirmation window.

Is R3E store currently having connection problem to Steam?

5. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Check to see if you have the Steam Overlay enabled. This is needed to process transactions.

Steam/Settings/In-Game and tick "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" then re-start Steam and the game.

6. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Steam Overlay is enabled, otherwise I won't see Steam Authorization window. R3E store can't continue the purchasing process after authorization, and stuck in it's own checkout window (it's been going on for 3 hours now!)

7. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I seem to recall something similar happening a while back to me. I think I closed the steam window which refused to close by itself and then went back (Alt-Tab) to R3E to continue the process.
    Might be worth a try?

8. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The Steam window can close itself without problem. I just tried it again, and R3E store still stuck in it's cart (popup) window. This time I cancel it, and maybe I will try again next year, hahaha

9. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    :D

Sounds like there could be a problem with the store then.

10. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have had trouble with buying in game for at least 6 - 8 months now and just go to the main website in browser from the Steam store page link > log in using steam > choose what I want > pay for it and when I open up R3E it is there good to go. It does notice any content I have previously purchased and includes discount via this method.

11. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh, that's fantastic. So to be clear, I have to buy it from Steam's website instead of Steam's launcher? Correct?

12. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    It worked ok here a few days ago when I bought the Porsche 934.
    Don't know what else to suggest. :(

13. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was working well yesterday when I bought Nordschleife. Dunno, I may try it again after I'm done downloading AC

14. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Gasp! :eek:
    Outrageous!

15. taufikp

taufikp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What can I do to resist... it's on sale man! hahaha :hearteyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Go to the steam app launcher select Race Room in library > top right hand side > links > store page and once there scroll down, on right hand side under the vendor info/ controller support etc you will see link to Sector3 official website (Visit the website). It will take you there and you can log in using your steam account. You get offered email and password or steam account button as options When you are in it basically looks identical to what you see via the button in game store and the transaction is the same too.

17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0