Resolved Adaptive AI not working when using AI selector

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ravey1981, Dec 30, 2018.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    After suspecting there was a problem with the adaptive AI (see post in general discussion) I have done some tests today.

I started with a completely fresh adaptive AI file and did a race weekend at Imola. AI selector was used to fill the grid with modern gt3 cars (r8 LMS, m6, 650, Bentley, new corvette, merc amg). Throughout the race weekend the AI did not get any faster and were consistently 4 or more seconds a lap slower than me. I checked the AI file after the race and there were ZERO ENTRIES, the AI were not learning at all.

I then repeated the test this time without the AI selector, same track but just letting the game choose 37 random gt3s. This time the AI did get faster and indeed by the end of the weekend were up to my pace giving proper racing.

Conclusion: when using AI selector no adaptations are made in the AI file, you are stuck with whatever is already in there. As it stands unless you already have all classes trained on all circuits the AI selector is not useable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I respectfully disagree.

Did a fresh install yesterday. Format pc. Started a tt mix race vln-15 and first race I was 6 secs faster same race again was around the same pace give .500 sec.

Another gt2 race at silverstone the ai out paced me. So it's defo adapting

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I can only go off what I have found. Previous to this test I did 3 consecutive 40 minutes races with no adaptation happening whatsoever....

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Nope, it works fine with the selector.
    Did the exact same test, pick'n'mix from the GT3s at Imola, and entries appeared as normal.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm at a loss then, I can't see any reason why my AI hasn't adapted. In my case at least this isn't working.

6. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Easy enough to test.
    Try this: Adaptive AI, Standing start, no qualy, and put yourself into P1.
    Run 2-3 flying laps (getting the entire grid over the finish-line), then hit 'restart'.
    Repeat 3-4 times, and if you're not seeing a marked improvement in the AI, something's definitely broken.

Using restart means the AAI will look through the adaptation-file again and adapt, without having to reload the entire session.
    2-3 flying laps gives you a decent grid average.
    Starting in P1 means that the initial slow AI won't get in your way and skew your own lap-times.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ..I always thought this was the case; I read somewhere that you had to start a new session but I could feel the ai strength changing when restarting a race but thought it was some kind of placebo effect

This makes bringing the ai up to speed much easier lol

However doesn’t the adaptive ai calculations use the average of your last 10 laps?

8. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it does.
    Hence this part:
    ;)

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well I have no idea what was going on yesterday but today the AI are behaving perfectly! Same track, same cars but this time 2nd place followed be round about a second behind the whole race..

I'm happy but very very confused.... I spent a whole day yesterday without it working...

10. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • Dislike Dislike x 1