Braking distance - Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vern Wozza, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Vern Wozza

Vern Wozza New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with the Porsche GT3 Cup car braking distances. I seem to have to brake way earlier than the AI in to heavy braking zones. As an example, I have to start braking just before the 200m board for turn one at the Nurburgring while the AI are breaking at the 150m board.

I'm sure it's just me and the solution is some driver coaching but I'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks,
    Vern.

2. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I am struggling also with my new fanatec v3 pedals, i know i just need to find a setting that works but i cant brake as late as the AI at the moment. A lot of it is technique, initially brake really hard then gradually ease off the brake, too long on full brakes and you start locking up and you miss the apex. Getting your pedal setting just right is really important as its all either muscle memory with load cell or distance/travel memory on potentiometer pedals. i seem to be right in the middle of the two at the moment, so many years with cheap pedals now its a struggle with quality ones.

3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Try lowering the wing a few clicks from default and run the brake bias as far rearward as possible before locking the rears. It is very difficult to brake hard at lower speeds but with some practice it is possible.. and very satisfying

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Knock your brake pressure back, I think I run at about 90, maybe a bit less. All about keeping the front end loaded as much as possible, tricky bugger but after a few laps with the 934 I found the cup car a breeze to drive after. Also remember it takes at least 2 laps to get the tyres up to temp, depending on which track. This car is nothing like a GT3 car, trying to drive it as such, will end in a ball of flames. Cup car is all about being smooth, easy braking, easy throttle control and perfecting weight transfer to gain the ultimate grip. At the end of the day it is used as a young race driver training tool, perfect yourself in this one and you can drive just about anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I run 0 wing on some tracks as ive seen guys do that on youtube, or at least vèry low wing, with bias for hard straight line braking normally 52/53 front, braking into corners and trail braking 55, if I put bias more to rear while braking and turning I tend to lose back end.

6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn’t recommend running 0 wing on the new physics, just ruins the balance mainly. And it’s probably the cause of you losing the rear while trailbraking.

7. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reply, maybe your right on 0 wing since update, not sure how long ago the video was but it was Georg Ortner using 0 wing, guess you also need the skill to go along with it.:)