AAI are rocking my world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, Jan 2, 2019.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Due to unknown problems that occurred after one of the previous updates. Over a year ago. I couldn’t play in championship mode. Because after the first race I would loose the HUD. Which turned out to be very important to me. Worked with S3E on it for a while. Never got it sorted out. And then everything was fixed in the December update. :)
    So anyway, I spent the last year using fixed level ai in single race mode. I was on a mission to explore as many cars on as many tracks as possible. Never deleted the aai file.
    So now that I can run championships.:p I am using the adaptive ai in the GTR3 class. And am having some of the most intense, on the edge races ever against the aai.
    It would seem that the aai have become extremely dialed in to my skill level.
    I’m in a 9 track 2 races per track championship. I just finished the 5th track. And the point spread for the top three positions is only 9 points. With me in third place. And forth place is only 6 points behind me. All but three ai have scored points. And there have been several different race winners.
    I’m really appreciating the quality of and diversity of them. I’ve won a couple of races. And finished as low as 14th. But I am managing to stay close enough to the race leaders to be in the points chase:grinning:
    The competitiveness and skill of the aai is extremely immursive. Oh I’ve had a few knocks off the track. (That’s how I ended up in 14th:anguished:) And knocked a few ai off the track as well. The realism is pretty much spot on. For me at least.
    Like the devs keep repeating over and over. The more races you run, the better the aai.
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to S3E. For the great work.
    And I’m wondering if I’m nuts or something. Because this is anything but relaxing:flushed:. It sure is a blast though. :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    This is good to hear!
    Let us know how the Championship ends. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Why not attatch your aiadaption file here and some of us can add it to the ai primer tool.;);)

4. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty slow, my average is between 95 and 105%
    But I'm happy to post it.
    Didn't find it in the documents folder Where exactly is the aiadaption file anyway?

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1\aiadaptation.xml

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thank you CheerfullyInsane.
    Here you go. Like I said My average is between 95 and 105.
    And if I was totally honest, the majority of my races are at 97%
    except for the GTR3 which is 100 to 103.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019