Any DD/Servo wheels out there on R3E (AF, OSW, Bodner)??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by switchface, Nov 18, 2015.

1. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Sorry,
    am not used to those spoilers:confused::confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    nothing wrong with your
    PC
    At first sight

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    My shop can't find anything wrong with it either, but almost half of the Win10 updates fails. Sometimes I can get it to work and just ignore the update (mostly it updates after a few startups), but in other cases it goes in a start loop and there is no way out (which is again the case right now). Safe mode does not work either. Shop had to do a clean Win install three times now...
    And my guess is that it will be the case again now.

4. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    He Fanapryde,

I sent you a message in PM ;);)

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Got it ;)

6. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here are my settings for the Simucube. I've found them to be the best I've used in RR. It does depend on what car your using. The WTCR 2018 Audi is quite good, The Saleen is still terrible.
    You must set the Collision to 0% or you will get weird steering issues after contact.
    And set the steering lock to 20 for most cars.
    The FFB is still not up iRacing standards so I think more work on Sector 3's end is needed.
    I hope these help someone else struggling with a good setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Mes paramètres

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Reiche

Reiche New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @G.Deurwaerder
    any updates on your FFB settings? By the way, what hardware exactly are you using?

9. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Hoy Reiche,

I'm sorry I did not come to this point anymore, my system is already 4 years old and as I read here and there there are people who are already on the new simucube, all the info I give seems to lead to nothing, for some of them apparently know better than me? I am always willing to help for those who benefit from it. I'm actually working on Mmos and he still works fine after the Updates (used to be different) but if you are more than 260.000Km and 137 days in raceroom, I think I know what I'm talking about. It is sometimes unfortunate to see that there are people who buy an OSW and can not get away with it, because they do not understand what the parameters do in the game and on the system. So no further info from this boy;)

10. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    do you feel road surface???with accuforce?

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you post your .rcs file just incase something funky is happening , and a screen shot of your ingame ffb settings

Andi

12. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have tested for surface detail using the AccuForce with many settings and have not been able to feel any track-surface details; medium to large bumps - yes, but no surface texture what-so-ever; not with the AccuForce nor the SimuCube systems. Not even using SimCommander Telemetry-FFB.

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    You will not get the same track-surface-feeling in RRE as for example in AC or RF2 - whatever settings you use for your wheel.

Is imho no handicap. In my real car i could also feel no road texture through the wheel, i feel it with the "popometer". Dont know how that is in a race car, have never driven one.

RRE tracks feel imho with the present bumps very alive. Some a bit to much (Shanghai, Red Bull Ring), some a bit less (Road America)

• Like Like x 1
  14. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't know dude but I can feel all road bumps through the wheel of my old bmw ! might be yours is electronic steering...

so can you imagine the spring rate on gt3 cars its 5x more then normal car even stiff spring like h&r etc!so if suspension stiff all bumps will be 100% feel on steering!one thing for sure that raceroom very accurate replicate front and rear traction loss!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  15. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    my guess I need a buttckickers cause I already have simvibe :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  16. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    RR is the only title where the tracks feel sterile and totally smooth - texture-wise. iRacing comes close using the game's 60Hz FFB but, some of the texture still comes through in tactile and motion effects. Then there are SC4-FFB effects or the irFFB alternative to add texture for those that want it.

When all other titles provide texture detail through multiple streams of feedback, the lack of such detail in RR really stands out, as in night & day. On the upside, the FFB under-steer cues (and tire-slip) are excellent additions.

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Right, my Audi A4 has servo steering.

18. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hmm might be suspension setup!mine is stiff and I can feel with my boom and with my steering at the same time :)))) and sometimes its getting way off !

19. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    agreed its the nr1 sim for that cues !!!! in ac I will spin when in RR I will save the car!cause its so natural like in my rear wheel drive bimer!

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    as always we are trying to find a balance between what we feel in real life and what we want to feel in game ; road surface in real life you feal more with your ass , and tyre slip , wheel push on the wheel ; under neath the visual road there is a surface (i know because sometimes in testing they forget a bit , and its then freefall towards a digital casm)
    i see lots of advice to remove the steering rack to get more tyre feel , well that means race cars in real life are fly by wire steering .... mmm no ; so its a compromise , what do i feel ingame , well everything i need to know in reality so i know which end isnt going where i pointed it ...
    it can be hard trying to find what you want , sometimes you just got to take what you need and r3e excells in that area for me

Andi

• Like Like x 1