Problem Major ffb oscillations

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MiRaGe, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I don’t have this issue with my fanatec CSW v2.5 base.
    The center feels great and I can feel the road and it’s bumps and undulations

So perfect for me!

2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Works fine here , lots of input and feel with fanatec. Probably need to work on ffb settings.

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The op was talking about accuforce not Fanatec sooo ?

4. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ...meaning the op is blaming raceroom but the ffb information is been sent so maybe it’s something wrong with how accuforce is reading it or a setting within its drives etc. Now that he knows this he my choose to look at his settings closer.

I remember reading that the old fanatec wheel bases suffered issues at center but they enginered out the issue with hardware and software upgrades.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Definitely an accuforce problem because the game feels great, and that's on an old g27. Best FFB of all the sims I play.

6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @MattStone I never said anything of the sort ? Just because some people have issues and others don’t doesn’t mean it’s not happening, all I meant was someone complains accuforce is faulty and you get Fanatec or Logi guys saying all is fine (which maybe true for them but does not help accuforce guy ) so how does that offend you sir ?

7. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ...um I didn't accuse you of saying anything and I'm not sure why you think I'm offended!
    I just replied to your post as you asked the question "The op was talking about accuforce not Fanatec sooo ?"

let me explain as I think you may have misinterpreted my intentions or something
    A.K Racing posted today in response to a 2.5 year old thread....
    R3E has had a lot of updates since then so I just replied that I didn't have any problems with the center feeling with my fanatic wheel and that I do feel the road; I didn't say that I didn't believe he was having a problem!

you then asked the question..
    I then gave you an explanation as to why I replied that I had no problem with the fanatec wheel (so that AK knew r3e was indeed sending feed back at center which may prompt him to check his settings)

Maybe I could have made the assumption that AK knows there are no problems with other brands of wheels. Maybe I made the assumption that when AK said "my biggest problem with raceroom its no any information about the road" that he was suggesting raceroom wasn't sending ffb info....but heck I didn't think there was any harm in letting him know that I'm feeling the ffb so that he can take that into account when trying to trouble shoot his problem

...heck the first thing I'd do if my ffb wasn't feeling right would be to check if others are having the same problem....if it was indeed raceroom that was sending poor ffb then there is nothing I could do with my settings to make it better ..but if others don't have the problem then I'd know I have to look at my wheel settings or start looking for faulty hardware or updated drivers etc

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  8. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Guys sorry !!!!don't fight over my post!im not offense of anyone here!i just woundering how SECTOR 3 could fail in that cause Mr. Barnie send them wheel before!how could they don't know that there is a problem! I don't get it!This sim could easy outrun any other sim if only I could get road ffb!cause its also strange if I go out from the track im getting suspension work great and all sorts of bumps and etc but on the track like on ice very (suspension animation is working but ffb no)smooth in any track only one place where I getting bumps its carusel in nord and its slightly only!that it!i try with and without sim comqander I try to max out road bumps fx in Sc still no any changes,i did lots of things with cfg still nothing!if only Sector 3 can check is out and fix int I would buy premium pack right after that!

9. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    man if you said that you have road ffb can you just upload your settings cfg!!! might I try to make some magic if guys from sector 3 and guys from accuforce just ignoring this!

10. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    An yes guys I was using actually t300rs before and all was fine then I shift to accuforce and this happen!only in Raceroom have that kind off problem!

11. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Happy to pass it on if you can tell me the name of the file you need?

Just to be sure to be clear; when I refer to feeling the road I mean that I can feel bumps and undulations which I assume is coming from the suspension, understeer, vertical load, lateral forces etc

For example:
    • At RaceRoom Raceway: At the start of the main straight; just coming off the last corner there is a definite bump that can cause the car to "jump" and loose traction for a split second. You can hear it and I can feel it.

• The last 3 corners on Knutstorp Ring I can feel the spring forces produced by the undulations
    Then there's all the forces associated traction loss and slip effects, curbs etc

Vertical Load is that one that brings the bumps on the road alive for me

Are these the effects you are missing?

12. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    man just send me and I will check is out :)

13. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Tell me the name of the file you need

14. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I think he will need your control set .rcs file, unless i am mistaken its the only file that contains all your wheel and game control settings, it will be in documents/mygames/simbin/userdata/player1/controlset folder.

15. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    thanks Neil
    I have two files in there so I guess it hooks into one of these 2 files attached

Attached Files:

16. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting them matt, might give them a try myself. I have tried a few different settings but there always seems to be something that does not suit me and in all honesty I have got a little lost in it all since moving from G27 to fanatec csw v2.5. If more peeps with csw 2.5 posted their rcs files to just drop in and compare it would maybe be easier to find something that works for you, my time for racing is limited and you can waste so much time testing with different settings only to end up back where you started.

17. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Even last night I was still playing around with the ffb settings in raceroom LOL

it’s a never ending quest

18. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    hey I just realised that the one that i'm actually using is file ending with the word "unique"
    I also just remembered that I had set up a profile on the wheel base that would mean those race room settings won't feel what i'm feeling.

So I just set my wheel so that every thing is set to 100 and re tweeked race room settings.
    My wheel settings are all set to default (100) except the following:
    • Sensitivity is AUTO: note that because I'm using the McLaren wheel I've set the ingame rotation of each car to 470
    • ABS is set to 80
    • Drift Mode 0
    • FEI (F.EFF.INT.) is set to 90: I do this to take the harsh edge off the ffb and if gives me the feeling that I'm driving on rubber tyres as opposed to a metal rim LOL

I think all the in game settings are stored in the attached rcs file
    Note that I don't like an overly powerful ffb as it makes it harder to drive accurately but at these settings I absolutely feel everything that I need to feel. If you are using one of their heavy and larger diametre CSW wheels you will probably need to increase the ffb strength

So if you are using a Fanatec v2.5 base with the McLaren Wheel try it out....keen to hear your feedback and any advice to make it even better

19. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Tnx matt i will try this out tonight.;)