News Car Setup Forum

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Apr 4, 2016.

1. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Probably someone already mentioned this ages ago but what about a steam workshop to share the car setups? The community workshop for the car setups is kind of deserted...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ebjornen

ebjornen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the developer of carsims should face the fact that we are drivers not mechanics, and do as in Project cars 2. Have a virtual mechanics to to ask for help.

3. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that the virtual mechanic sucks hairy balls.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. ebjornen

ebjornen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, maybe not. I have tryed some downloaded setups. the cars was not driveable, had to go back to what is was.

5. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    These videos can be really handy if you're new to setups...:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The base setups in R3E are very good in most cases. I use 99% default setups. I only change brake pressure, TC at 0 and fuel.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have spent years tweaking this and tweaking that, got video's. booklets and have watched many a fine driver at work.
    Start with the base setup, run some consistent laps, if something major is hindering you, grab a trusty guide (I've used the XSR setup guide since release I think) make a one notch adjustment and run again. Simple but laborious task that can give some satisfaction and others nightmares. It's not rocket science but does need a modicum of methodology to the process, as changing one thing can often mean a tweak somewhere else. As RoccoTTS said, stick to the defaults, with a minor tweak here and there dependant on track/car of course. The problem with using another's setup is we don't necessarily all drive the same, that's not saying that you can't adapt but the idea is to get the car to fit you and your style rather that the other way round.
    Time is the answer and it's the one bloody thing we're all running out of! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ebjornen

ebjornen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well time is something I hopefully have enough off, now when retired from over 40 years at work. Glad I come across Raceroom, have spendt too much time in Project cars and so tired of the understeering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    You're not the only one ;)

10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on finding the light!
    The track ahead of you will from now, be always illuminated by the physics of @Alex Hodgkinson & sounds of @Anthony Monteil, youm in for a treat chap. ;) Welcome!

11. Frige

Frige New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    try one that you use for the german grandprix

12. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    How about keeping the car setup forum only as sharing forum? Now too many threads are asking-threads. I suggest all threads sharing nothing/asking something could be removed. Its annoying to search for a setup if 60% of threads do not contain anything.

• Agree Agree x 1