Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Or just gangsta

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
  3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Its a Bmw m3 seat with electric motors, it so easy to get in and out and adjust to your requirements. The seat has all moving functions. Very comfortable and practical.

The rig is incredibly sturdy, no flex at all. (bought it from Total Spanish simulator). However, I had to add a quiet few extra extrusions and brackets in order to make it super sturdy. The vibrations that are coming for the Direct Drive Motor are unavoidable and it can be seen through monitors. In order to prevent that, the designer of this rig came up with the solution to separate stands from the actual rig. I decided to mount the stands to the base platform with a couple of small brackets and make the stands sturdy as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  4. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    320mm looks different from 350mm. Mine is 320mm
    $220US http://www.mrsteeringwheel.com/momo-monte-carlo-320mm-leather-mcl32bk3b/
    I bought it from Mr. Steering Wheel. vidoe link here:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In addition to Momo Monte Carlo 320mm, some stores may have 350mm wheel on display instead of 320mm unfortunately. Below is a sample image showing 320mm inside the car

Attached Files:

6. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Just waiting on the DD2 Now:D
    2 buttkickers under the seat... 1 plays Left other plays Right... 1 under the pedals plays Left & Right.... The Rseat N1 is very solid!!! RRE the Buttkicker Feel is thunderous!!! I don't use Sim Vibe because i would have to use a Sound Card--> I feed the ButtKickers from My Astro Mix amp and I feed the Mix amp from the TV Optical Audio output that way what ever I play or Watch (PC, PS4, XBox1, Movies) the Buttkickers work:D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    What car is your seat from? It seems the mounting rails are straight and flat which is quite uncommon (a searched a lot for seat with rails like that)

8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Bmw m3 e46

9. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. And by the way, admirable cable management :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Most are hidden inside the black split tubing. No secret :p

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, finally its done. During the last summer I worked on my first DIY steering wheel for the Mercedes AMG GT3. Basically its a mixture between the GT3 and DTM steering wheel, kind of :) The diameter is 30 cm since the Fanatec Formula rim is too small for those cars. The rim is mounted on a Fanatec Universal Hub. The customer support of Fanatec was also very nice. I could not find the right connectors for the mainboard of the Hub. First I tested JST connectros which I found at Ebay but they were to loose in the sockets and didn't work probably. After contacting Fanatec I luckily got the original connectors, no loose connections since then. Overall It works really nice, the wheel feels really nice. At the beginning I haven't thought that it will take such a long time to develop such a project. But it was definitely worth it. I hope this project might inspire you to do your own projects.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Very nicely done man ;) especially keeping it to use with the Fanatec base..so only one thing left...I want one..:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Alter Schwede ! Hammer (Aldää) ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Wow...clean job there. Looks really nice :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    You should sell them i would Buy 1 in 1/2 a Heart Beat!!!... I have a u universal Hub PM Me if you want to Make and sell the extra Wheel rim!!!

Edit: What did you make the wheel rim from Carbon Fibre??? Even if you Machine Aluminum to keep cost down they will sell to people who have universal Hubs... I want 1!!! Inbox Me;)

17. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hey, GrimeyDog so far I haven't thought about to sell the rim as a kit, or parts, or CAD drawings. CAD drawing and handles would be possible I guess, have to think about it. I printed the handles at shapeways. Even though they are hollow they were quite expensive to print. I think the handles were around 120€. I also printed the cab in the middle of the tim for the star and 6 washers for not to scratch the rim from the backside. Thw washers look identical to the ones from Fanatec. The rim was laser cut from 4 mm aluminium. I have thought about carbon fibre but couldn't find a company to do it. Carbon fibre isn't actually necessary I think it just a matter of taste. First I tried to spray the aluminium but this didn't really work out. The result was just too damagable. Then I looked out for companies who could anodized the rim in black. In the end the rim is not anodized but treated with another chemical method. I have forgotten the name for it. The rim is not glossy it has a semi gloss finish. The 6 holes for the screws are countersunk. The company who did the laser cutting did the countersunks as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a workshop at home to do this kind of works. To countersink the holes is not really necessary, but I wanted the cap to be as flat as possible.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's a crazy price for the handles, you can buy a very good home printer for €200, look up creality ender 3. I'm sure if you created a small batch of these rims they would sell easily and make a profit for yourself also. Very impressive work

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. f1simgames

f1simgames Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    First of all this a very very good work from you!..Well done!!...And now the most serious part...cost of materials!...I think that cost of grips is totaly crazy!.I hope that you don't pay for the other parts (aluminum e.t.c) the same crazy prices!...Look at the grips of my Mercedes AMG GT3 wheels...I made them in 2 versions , aluminum and carbon..Aluminum also can paint in electrostatic black mat color or carbon hydropaint.Grips are covered in real suede leather.For any help or advice for your next projects you can ask anything you want...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    wow, that looks nice ! Got to check your website.
    yeah, the price for shapeways was quit high. On the other the result is perfect and very strong. Last month my brother a 3d printer but I'm not so much interested in having a printer at home. I haven't heard of the other treatments for aluminum you mentioned: "Aluminum also can paint in electrostatic black mat color or carbon hydropaint." sound interesting. The anodizing was quit expensive as well. I also bought 3 spray cans before lol