Bug Collision effect setting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Vantskruv, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    If I set the collision effect to a value, say like 30%, I noticed that if hitting a wall slightly or something, it is tougher to steer in one direction. So then I need to hit another wall to reset the skewed loading on my steering wheel. Is this a bug or is something to simulate damage? The hits to the wall was not so hard, but in real life it may have created some damage.

EDIT: It seems this indeed is a bug and happens only to DD-users, or maybe this bug is for all wheel drives, but is not as noticeable with belt-driven wheels? Not sure if this bug is from RR or Simucube.

Edit2: It seems indeed this is a bug in Raceroom afterall.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like it might be a problem in your wheel, possibly the belt slipping if you have a belt-driven wheel. It's not a feature in raceroom

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    collision effect is a ffb setting so its how much of the collision effect is transmited to the wheel

Andi

4. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I am using a DD-wheel, so there are no belts involved.

Then it may be a bug, as the force is still there after I have collided and continued racing on the track. I have been having this setting always set to 0%, as it felt quite dangerous with my DD-wheel. But after have been getting used to the wheel, and have been increasing the general force of the wheel, I needed to test the collision-effect again. It works okay at 30%, but I have not tested it further after this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Jolt magnitude = 0

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem with my Simucube. Works only if collision effect is set to zero

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I had encountered this annoying behavior too. The FFB pulls the wheel into one direction until you crash again or pause the game or reset the FFB with an assigned button. This is definitely a bug with direct drive wheels.

8. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, then we have highly probably confirmed a bug. If it is on the RR:s side or Simucube, not sure. I've changed the title to 'BUG'. I guess this is the way to file bugs for the devs to put their teeth in. :)

9. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a Bodnar FFB system so it's not only related to OSW builds. I hope when Fanatec launches their DD wheels and Sector 3 implements them into the sim bugs like this one get fixed.

10. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, Mika at Granite Devices confirmed the same thing. So than this is surly a bug in Raceroom.