App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @Nemenems Would something like this work? It would be disabled by default, but you can turn it on in the settings UI.

upload_2019-1-20_12-39-11.png

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thank you it's perfect !

• Like Like x 1
  3. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if there Is there a way to automatically show the event info widget for say, 15 seconds, following the transition to a new track/race?

4. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    upload_2019-1-21_11-36-13.png

Version 1.6
    Version 1.6 brings a lot of small UI updates to really sharpen the overlay further along in every aspect with some extra UI elements that have been asked for by broadcasters. Also included are a couple of bug fixes.​

Redesigned Session Info Timer
    Finally got around to redesigning the session info timer bring it up to a higher standard.
    upload_2019-1-21_11-40-10.png
    upload_2019-1-21_11-40-31.png

Checkered Flag
    upload_2019-1-21_11-41-5.png

Added the ability to show the server name in the timer (disabled by default)
    upload_2019-1-21_11-43-13.png

Added a very basic "light-out" indicator on race start. As soon as all players are on the grid, the 5 lights will flash until the race starts giving you an idea of when the race starts.
    upload_2019-1-21_11-44-42.png

Single Class Cup Standings
    Added the ability to hide the manufacturer Icon in the standings widget - useful for single make classes like the Porsche Cup, M1 Procar Cup, NSU etc.

upload_2019-1-21_11-47-0.png

Relative Standings Timings
    Added the ability to show timings in the standings tower to be relative to the driver in front, rather than the leader. (Disabled by default)

upload_2019-1-21_11-50-22.png

Speed Comparison Re-Added
    The speed comparison indicator has been re-added to the compare driver widget. (Disabled by default)

upload_2019-1-21_11-55-27.png

Updated Themes
    Added 2 new variations of the base red theme in 2 more colours - blue and green.

upload_2019-1-21_11-33-59.png

upload_2019-1-21_11-34-39.png

Avia Theme
    upload_2019-1-21_11-33-21.png

Mercedes Theme
    upload_2019-1-21_11-33-9.png

Mandatory Pit Indicator Restyle
    The mandatory pit indicator now appears on the right side of the standings tower and is attached to the driver info to free up more space when not being used.

upload_2019-1-21_11-52-10.png

Practice & Qualifying Purple Fastest Lap Indicators
    The fastest driver in qualifying will have their time in both the standings and driver info widget highlighted in purple.

upload_2019-1-21_11-53-17.png

Auto Disabled Driver Info/Compare Info
    No more having situations like below - or having to turn off one to use the other. Selecting the driver info will now disable the compare info widget and selecting the compare info widget will disable the driver info widget auto-magically.

upload_2019-1-21_12-0-24.png

WIP Beta Broadcaster Controller UI (Bonus)
    Something very early in progress, but added into this version to see what you guys think. It is an alternative camera/timings screen that you might find easier to keep track of the action and faster to change cameras. It is extremely WIP, but functional so far.

This is disabled by default, and uses the original UI for the list of cars/changing cameras, but it you can turn it on in the control options dropdown menu.

upload_2019-1-21_12-5-16.png

upload_2019-1-21_12-5-32.png

Auto Splits on Large Grids
    upload_2019-1-21_12-5-39.png

There was lots more things added and changed that I don't have screenshots or time to explain them in more details - so here is the full changelog.

Version 1.6.0 Changelog
    • [Feature] Added red extra close racing indicator in the broadcast panel for cars within 0.25s of each other.
    • [Feature] Added new green and blue raceroom themes for more variety.
    • [Feature] Added new session info timer design.
    • [Feature] Improved chequered flag appearance on session end.
    • [Feature] Added (very basic) race lights out indicator to the session info widget on race countdown/start.
    • [Bug Fix] Use full width of the race results table for non multiclass races.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the fastest race lap may not be highlighted on the results screen.
    • [Feature] Improved steward, safety car and mandatory pit indicator styling.
    • [Feature] Added purple fastest lap indicator in quali/practise sessions for the standings and driver info widgets.
    • [Feature] Hidden the standings widget visibility in the garage phase pre-race as not all drivers are displayed in the standings at that point and looks odd. (The standings widget will regain visibility on the starting grid automatically).
    • [Bug Fix] Disable the driver info widget if the compare driver widget is enabled (and vice versa).
    • [Feature] Increased event info dark background overlay tint by 30% for better contrast with the modal.
    • [Feature] Hide the driver info, compare and standings widgets when the event info overlay is activated for better appearance.
    • [Feature] Small UI updates to themes with new variable definitions for some UI components.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed small theme inconsistency in the WTCR compare drivers widget.
    • [Feature] Added a toggle to enable a speed comparison (in Km/h) between to drivers in the compare driver widget.
    • [Feature] Restyled driver info and compare driver flags, team names and deltas with a sharper look.
    • [Feature] Changed the race leaders lap count text format to read better and show the current lap number rather than the laps completed.
    • [Feature] Adjusted the 'safety car in' alert and stewards alert widget positioning to be closer to the right edge of the screen.
    • [Feature] Improved control options appearance in the broadcaster panel to easily tell an options on/off state.
    • [Feature] Restyled and moved the mandatory pit indicator to the right side of the standings tower to free up screen space when not in use.
    • [Feature] Restyled all DRS/PTP indicators to sharper design.
    • [Feature] Added a toggle to hide the manufacturer logo in the standings tower. A use case to disable this would be in single car cup classes like NSU or Porsche GT3 Cup where its not necessary as they are all the same class.
    • [Feature] Added penalty weights to the race results screen.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed driver info and compare driver widget positioning when using a higher resolution scaling setting.
    • [Feature] Added a toggle to show the server name in the session info timer.
    • [Feature] Added beta version of a new broadcast controller UI.
    Thanks again to @tex_548 for testing, particularly with the resolution support/scaling work.

Download Link in Original Post.

Hope you like it.
    :)

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It's awesome great job Thanks !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    How do I choose the default theme Raceroom blue instead of Raceroom red?

Thank you.

7. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You could perhaps edit ..\dev\lib\websocketServer.js and change instances of "raceroom-red" with "raceroom-blue" to have it start with that theme each time, not tested it myself, since red is suitable for me ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks !

9. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Nemenems ....No , top right hand side choose theme and great job @Scout thankyou for all your effort :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I can change it in future to save the default theme, but for now dropdown is the way to go. The control options in the UI and the themes selector/functionality are seperated so that's why it's not there at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Also curious to know if any tried the alternate broadcast controller? Did you find it easier to keep an eye on the action and do camera switches?

I saw quite a few streams tonight running the latest version, which was lovely to see. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In the race results on the podiums, I would like to remove the Raceroom logo and put something else in place like the driver's flag or avatar. Where can I find this information to change it? I looked in the race results but no reference to this logo.

Thank you for the answer

13. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    It is under \assets\components\widgets\results\logos - the base themes (red, green, blue) use the base.png image, the rest use their own logo.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @Scout you are doing a phenomenal job! Thanks for constantly updating the overlay. <3 <3

I really like the look of the new beta Broadcaster UI. What's the purpose of this? What do you want to archieve with? =)

Btw I would change up the speed comparision a little bit. So that the speed is in the focus not the teamnames. Probably Changing sizes would make an huge difference. I think if you show speed as small as it is there people will keep on starring at the moving cars instead of focusing what I try to tell them.

Greez Thomas

15. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Another quick question, if that's ok.

I am currently using the overlays on an unattended machine whilst racing on my main rig, hence why I previously asked about showing the event info at the start of a session for a short time automatically.

On a similar note, is it possible to have the "driver compare" widget auto turn on for the race. Since there is only the driver info widget for practice/qualifying (iirc), I can't see a way to enable the compare widget for the race portion and walk away, other than the obvious, setting it myself at the start of each race through the web ui.

If neither is possible, imo, it would be a great addition.

16. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Sorry for late replies, bit busy.

The purpose of the alternative UI is to try a different approach to showing more info about each driver without overcrowding the existing UI. Also looking at making it quicker to change cameras too.

Showing event info automatically for a specified time probably won't be included in this as it's a bit specific for the base tool functionality.

You could try an alternative approach to display it for the full practice session by editing the eventInfo.meta.json file. And changing it to:

Code:
    "activeInSessions": ["Practice"],
    "defaultActive": true,
    I haven't tested it, but this should show the event info for the full practice session on screen, then hide for qualifying and the race.

The compare info is a bit trickier but you could try set the compare info widget to be defaultActive and set the driver info widget to be defaultActive, but remove it from the race session. That's the only way I think this will work if it will. I added some logic to prevent both the driver info and compare info from being active at the same time in the last update, so unsure as to if this will work.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I will have a play. I appreciate its a bit specific ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Really like the new update, thanks a lot! Regarding the alternate UI, I love it. So much easier to use than the previous one, especially when using a device that is not a PC with a full size monitor. Given the choice I'll never go back. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I gave this a try and thought I would report back. Even with:

Code:
    "activeInSessions": ["Practice","Qualifying","Warmup"],
    "defaultActive": true,
    "KeepOnSessionChange": false,
    The driver info overlay stays for the race, although the compare widget does activate too, so it partially worked, but they overlap each other. It's a shame it can't auto-switch on the compare widget when focusing on cars in a battle for position, its a nice UI.
    Was worth a shot anyway, still absolutely love the overlays :)

20. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Ah, yeah I remember now the logic linked on whether to show a widget in a session is if either activeInSessions or defaultActive.is true. So that explains why the driver info is shown too in a race.

I had an idea to auto show driver info/compare race based on the time difference to the car ahead a while back, but put it to the side so might come in future if I have time.

• Like Like x 1