0 wing on GT3 cars still a thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You only have to look at George Ortners streams and see his Porsche GT3 set up with 0 wing, min to very low ride height, bump\rebound both at 1 front n rear to see something is not quite right, a very fast driver setting very fast times with a very odd looking setup, there are vids in this forum, very fast drivers showing their setup, very simillar again. Im no setup expert, nor a physics guru but i dont believe for a minute that that is simulating real life and if that is how u need to setup your car to be at the optimum then my expectations of a simulation are screwed!

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There's me thinking it was just me who was soft! :cool:

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for giving it a go. I should be able to get a bit of seat time tomorrow so I will try yours and see if I can go faster. I always err towards a conservative setup as a safe car gets to the end of the race....maybe I can learn something new though.

4. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My WIP setup for Butt-hurts o_O Change fuel load and maybe TC if it's to twitchy.

Attached Files:

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 did you get a chance to try my setup yet and if not had you already taken a screenshot or do you want me to send it again?

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No screenshoted. Didn't realise it would disappear...can you post again? Haven't had chance to go on SIM this week. Probably get an hour tonight

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Didnt plan for it to disappear either ;)
    And ill add again that you might wanna put tc step 2 at 8% and use that for turns 4 and 5

Attached Files:

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, taken a photo. Will try it later I hope!

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze I tried your setup and it didn't really work for me. I guess we have completely different driving styles. I found it very understeery on turn in, I wonder if you like the rear very loose and almost slide into corners? Anyway, I just crashed a lot with it :tearsofjoy:

I've done a few tweaks to my own setup and gained a few tenths there but also gained time through the entire top section of the track from before skyline through the dipper..... I was just being too cautious... I think there's another half a second to be had so should get into the mid 2:04s and that will do for me.

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well it was worth a try :D

• Like Like x 1