Problem Fanatec CSL Elite throttle issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB 3vil, Jan 21, 2019.

1. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    How badly will this effect my speed?

These were a gift from a club mate as he got them as part of a package and didnt need them so he kindly donated them to me so I cant ask fanatec for a replacement (if one is needed). Will this flickering effect acceleration and or top speed?

It sometimes goes away after about ten minutes of usage but not always.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    number one clean them , number two check for loose connections , and download diview and use it to try and remove the issue if still needed ,

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    cleaned regularly. will check out DIview. found some decent youtube guides too

4. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    raw and windows matches until i get this around 60% then it catches back up in the 80s and matches once again

[​IMG]

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    had a play with calibration. how do i transfer what this app is setting the zones at into RR3?

6. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just leave it on : and r"e reads from that

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    After the recent cleaning i gave them the flickering has gone which is good and figured out how to use the app properly which is helping a lot too. Thanks for this I had no idea of its existence

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Bah the flickering is back. I took out the throttle pot and tested it in the Fanatec app and moving the pot shows that the response is perfect. It did flicker a little but thats probably due to the rubbish RJ connector they use as it was in my hand and not still and seated as it usually is.

My guess is that the fatigue between the pedal cog and the pot contact cog is what the real issue is, although the wear is slight. Or is it just design flaws with these pedals and RJ connectors?

I used the last of my air can cleaner to blow out any dust. Im wondering what else I can do?

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's usually the wiper within the pot that causes these issues. You want to use electrical contact cleaner either spraying it in the pot directly or disassemble. Done it a few times with Logitech pots.

10. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Im so clumsy when it comes to small components. Ill buy some electrical contact cleaner spray from screwfix

• Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Having a quick look around this is quite a common issue on those pedals, rubbish pots apparently. Fanatec will send out replacements if you report it to them, just say you've lost proof of purchase.

12. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    worth a shot

13. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    There is a problem with the build in pot. After a replacement from Fanatec all problems are gone. So don't wast your time, contact them.

14. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I got a reply and they are going to charge me €10 + shipping as I cannot provide proof of purchase

15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its still cheaper than buying new pedals , or get your friend who bought them to ask for the bits

Andi

16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried spraying wd40 into it and give it a good waggle, works great, non conductive excellent cleaning ability!

Edit - im pretty sure Ingame, RR that is, you can set a top end dead zone for the CBA pedals, if you set a shorter throw on the problem pedal it wont have any effect in the short term while you wait for the replacement.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  17. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can you can also use diview which gives you a few options and works across all your games as long as its running , i have very old csp pedals and use it to check all is good , and to give a shorter pedal throw

Andi

18. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Ive ordered some special electrical wd40 should arrive tomorrow

19. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I have been using it i cut off the end of the throttle range but it still does it within the shorter calibration settings

20. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Since its been a while i wanted to update and say that I got replacement pots but the WD40 electrical contact spray sorted them out anyway so its nice to have them in case in need them in the future.

I also wanted to check with you that DIview needs to be opened, during an RRE session.

Posts online seem to suggest that DIView writes to the registry so you only need to calibrate once and not need it to be open when you play your favorite sim.

Im not doubting you but is this needed with RRE? Im asking because my wheel and pedals were oddly aligned by default and a tweak using DIview really helped a lot and I keep forgetting to open DIview when I play RRE and Im not getting the weird under steer issue i used to have and with the cleaned pedal pots and the calibration everything is all good. Im just curious why RRE must have DIview open to read from when all other games read from the changes to the input devices registry which DIView has altered.

• Like Like x 2