Macau in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Tried Macau for first time since going to VR last year.

Holy smokes! If you have not tried it yet in VR the track greatly benefits from it! Been hotlapping the F3 car two nights in a row. Still only about halfway up leaderboard but this track takes awhile to learn your brake and turn in points. Hell, the first 10 laps are devoted to figuring out how to get around the famous hairpin!

So yeah, give it a try, amazing scenery and feeling of speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not tried it since ive had vr, would imagine the close proximity to everything and the feeling of speed.......got to admit for me ive only got the wow factor once in vr that was the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, first few times through there were amazing, but that feeling soon went now im used to just taking it in my stride :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Agreed on corkscrew...much easier to navigate.

Another big wow factor was the time I tried adult VR for investigative purposes of course. My god, so good it's disturbing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    First time ive laughed out loud at something ive read online in a long time, thanks!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So i just had a go online, all it did was remind me why i avoid that track like the plague ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how well you know it, but it tKes some major getting used to. Had to increase my steering lock on the f3 car ro make it

7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Like Monaco a driver's track , so rewarding when you get it right :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thats the thing, Monaco i always enjoyed but there is something about the Macau track that really irks me, dont know what it is or why but for me, one of the worst race tracks ever.
    As for rewarding, well, when you get any track right.............the feeling when you have :) Shame im getting old dosnt come along too often nowadays ;)
    Driven it a few times have an ok memory of the layout but see above :)

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    The KTM Xbow RR (Not the GT4) is mighty fun around Macau in VR too. :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Exactly the other way around for me. Dont like monaco at all but macau is absolutely awesome (minus the hairpin) :D

11. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you posted this, I had not run Macau in vr since getting it setup. Really a lot of fun now in vr, you definitely have a far better visual of where the corners are in vr. I was using the group 4 porsche 934, nice combo on this track. I'm not sure I will ever finish a 20 lap race though lol

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Good point i havent tried it around macau but that open air KTM is great in VR on any track ive tried. Great viewpoint and tossable!