Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In the six years, says it all really, amplified, nah, slow and methodical more like although at times not that methodical. I dont desperately need anything in a gaming sense (fit young woman would be nice tho ;) ) Its the simple things that annoy me, things that should of been implemented early on that are the basics for what was at the time an online only game, no chat being the biggest of them.
    My attitude to the game isnt affected by time of day or whether i have just gotten out of bed, i enjoy it, probably too much and want to see it improve and there is no doubt how it has, especially the last 18months by leaps and bounds, but that dosnt mean im gonna love it blindly and not be critical or comment when i think something is wrong or could be added or improved.
    If i sound critical or if my expectations are too high, so be it, six years its been out im in my fourth year, too many simple things need pointing out and complaining about, rather than the usual apathy and just accepting more people should be complaining and making the point!

Huh, my nephew, he`s got a good teacher ;) He no doubt will be faster than me eventually not that thats too hard, plus he has 30 years on me so my days are numbered :)

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    your time line for me is exagerated , as there have been a few phases , id take the date of the birth of the game from about 6 months after Sector 3 began to exist , what came before was a completely different vision of the game and because of that the stuff we see as as a simple add on can be a complete nightmare due to it being stripped out or hardcoded closed in the original concept

there are so many things being worked on behind the scenes , some i know about some i dont , but some of the very basic request just break everything and its a cluster kcuf to get them working , but they happen eventually

Andi

3. SimRacingDad

SimRacingDad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I don't know if this is already mentioned but I have 2 suggestions for Raceroom features:

1 - In DTM races : Start race with cold tires and after pitstop like the real DTM;
    2 - Multiplayer race with additional A.I. driver. (like in F1 201x games)

4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I have tried the crew chief app of Mr Belowski, and there is no doubt that he did an amazing job. However, it's non-official program and the sim drivers have extra effort to make it work. I think a professional racing sim like R3E or iRacing should supply everything what a virtual driver needs without any additional apps / programs. But as long as R3E has other priorities in the pipeline, the https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/ is a very good temporary solution, that's for sure.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Crew Chief is awesome and of course in an ideal world we would have this functionality built in to the game, but the reality is there are always limited resources in software development, unless you are a studio like Rockstar with near-infinite resources, pick-your-own-deadlines and questionable attitudes to employee welfare :p!

I love the fact that sim racing games have such a wealth of creative 3rd party applications available. Personally I'm very happy to continue using Crew Chief for as long as it takes while any higher priority enhancements to R3E are worked on - it's just one of the several 3rd party applications I need to run when racing :):
    • Crew Chief
    • Simhub Dash Studio (better HUD / overlays)
    • FaceTrackNoIR (TrackIR emulation for Tobii eye tracking)
    • Deckboard (virtual button box)
    • Discord

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So S3 purchase CC from mr B and incorporate it into the Sim, what changes? o_O

• Like Like x 2
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't see what the issue is. CC is brilliant as it is, if it were in the hands of S3 we would have to wait for updates and inevitably it wouldn't have become what it is. It's hardly a chore to use it. Download and click, it even launches the game....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    In real life, DTM never starts with cold tires, since they can do a warm up lap before the start, in order to get the tires and the brakes up to temperature.

And the rule about cold tires after pitstops was introduced only in the 2018 season. The game features previous seasons only, when tire warmers were allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well now, is it "slow and methodical" or "leaps and bounds"? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Oh before i forget in the future when there might be day/night cycle and theres a time multiplier id like that to go below 1 as well instead of just above like it usually is

11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear.
    Yes, both, slow and mythodical for 4.5 years, and since Nov. 2017 it has come on leaps and bounds in comparison to previous years!
    Its not even the speed of it but how the game has changed and improved.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think we need more realistic setup options in the garage (sorry, but all the same options in every car is... Hmmm... Uhmmm) and more lively cockpits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean lively cockpits?

14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    not so nice but ... lively

• Like Like x 2
  16. raimondscacurs

raimondscacurs New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This game in most servers are turning in to wreckfest. My goal is to learn good and recpectable driving, but it's quite impossible here! I'm not jet so good driver that I can participate in WTCR season, so maybe there should be some other championship series during all season like (classic touring, BTCC (british touring car championship, ETCC, V8 supercars) I'm sure that I not the only one! I wont buy single seaters or formulas, I'm more of touring car guy, so if You want me to buy new cars, think of some new paskages. The one thing I want to see in RaceRoom is BTCC package from 90's with iconic Volvo 850 estate, becauce those were Golden years of touring cars. I really don't care about small things like, visuals, skins, sounds, more or less it's all in good level!

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    A one lap shootout quali session where every car gets the track to themselves would be nice for singleplayer

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Singleplayer is a great way to learn, treat that car as if it costs you money when you crash it. Adaptive AI will give you strong and mostly fair races when you run against them a few times. Join the RaceDepartment racing club, they have regular races across all types of cars so there usually be something suited to you most weeks. Official raceroom championships probably aren't going to happen, not at this point in time anyway. There are lots of leagues you can join you race regularly against others though.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree, used to love superpole in race07 and it was exciting to watch the shootout at Bathurst this weekend.

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Guess where i got the idea from all of a sudden :D
    Ps: please no spoilers, i wont finish the race before tomorrow afternoon :D