Bug Race Result issue not 100% sure on cause

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by [RWB] FxUK, Feb 8, 2019.

1. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    So last night I participated in a series of races with our club, it follows a format of 5 short races, scored on the night, with an overall winner.. a mini-league.

Anyway, on one of the races, a players game crashed whilst transitioning to the new track, so they didn't participate in that race at all, but they show on the P, Q and R results (DNF in race)..

1/2 way through the race, I noticed my position jump from 6th to 10th on the top bar, this would happen for 1/2 the lap on Nurburgring GP, whilst the other 1/2 it would show my position correctly.

The race was streamed (using R3E Reality overlay) and it was only whilst watching it back that I noticed in that particular race, I wasn't showing on the results screen, at all.
    The results where also uploaded to simresults and the same thing there, I wasn't showing at all, not even as a DNF, even though I finished 6th, those behind me had a +1 position.
    The player who's game crashed was showing on the results, 0 laps for P and Q and DNF for R.

I didn't notice any lag or any issues during the race (other than the timings), everything was fine my end as far as I was concerned. I wasn't so bothered about it personally, but if it happens during our league races, its going to be a pita having to ensure every driver is listed correctly and their finishing positions are correct, not being able to trust the result output from the dedicated server.

So, does anybody know if this issue is this caused by people leaving / not making it into the session due to a crash etc?
    Are Sector 3 aware of the issue?
    Anything I can provide to assist in taking a look at the issue?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Just some additional info that I think may help:

Check the video at 54:05, you will see my position jump between P6 and P10 (real position did not change on track)

Sim Results, see Race 3:
    http://simresults.net/190208-2Qa

Log Files, including server log for that race (attached)

Attached Files:

3. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the connection either on the server side or your side is having trouble in some way with parts of the send packets contaning info about live standings. When you get bumped to the rear = last car, you have the exact timing as the car ahead of you that the server probably have reliable reading from, but it get's info about you still driving and haven't left the server. When it gets better again you get back to correct position on the board. I would start to check so no program is updating in the back ground or that something on your side is "awkward" (bad cable connection to the internet/router/PC or something like that) to ensure you'v done everything on your end to minimize it from happening again. Just a thought

4. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Whilst it would seem like that, and normally I would think this too, the only time this has happened is when somebody leaves the session. I have seen it a few times in public lobbies but it's not a big deal. To clarify, its not always me I see it happen with, in fact I think this is the first it has happened directly to me.

Similar perhaps to how the timings displays "duplicate names" when a player leaves, it shows the name of somebody else still in the session, in place of the person who left for a while.

All other races where fine, including those after. If it was a sync issue, I would surely still appear in the results, whether that be P6 or P10 or even DNF, or get disconnected. But I didn't appear or have any connection issue/lag, whereas a player who didn't even participate in the race (game crash) is in the results. I spoke with him earlier (RWB Gabbsi) to clarify what happened and he didn't even touch the tarmac and didn't re-join at any time (including the last 2 races). He wasn't in Q or R, so he shouldn't be listed in the results at all. In fact, if you look at the video, he is not listed in the overlays, whereas I am. See 57:43 for the race result overlay.

Seems like something got messed up internally directly relating to this, but no idea how somebody else's PC crashing can break the results for me :/

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019