Question Flag rules settings on multiplayerserver

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by keanos, Feb 19, 2019.

1. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Can anybody explan what exactly does

"Black only" and "visuals only"

mean.

I never noticed a black flag during all my multiplayer races in the last months, and we do our races on the complete setting.

Visuals mean that I get a blue flag if a faster car is behind me, but I will not get a penalty?
    But will drivers be penalized if they cut the track or speeding in the pits?

So for multiclass multiplayer with very close classes, like TT RS, GTR4 and WTCR I should set "black only" or "visuals only" right?

There should be a setting like "complete without blue".

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Most of this is just guessing as well but it might at least be an educated guess ;D
    A black flag means youre disqualified from the race and unless you go around in the wrong direction i doubt youd ever get one in r3e.
    So consider black only as basically off with a little protection against trolls.
    On visual only all flags will be displayed to you but other than that they dont really have an effect (unless the black one i guess). That means for example you can still overtake under yellow.
    And on the maximum setting (dont know what its called) youll see all the flags and youll get penalised for things like overtaking under yellow (incredibly annoying on public servers :D). Im not sure youll ever get a penalty for ignoring blue flags tho.
    How track cuts are handled is independent from the flags setting. Theres the setting cut rules or something along those lines which can be set to off, slowdown and i think even drivethrough penalty (although ive never experienced that). Regarding speeding in the pits i dont know but id like to think youll always get a penalty for that but that might be wishful thinking :D
    As always @everybody feel free to add or correct me :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    "Visual only" means that you will see all flags displayed on your screen when they occur, but you can ignore them without penalty. So yeah, passing under yellows or refusing to allow yourself be lapped under blue is possible.

"Black flags only" mean only DQ's count. DQ's do result from driving the wrong way, but can also come from ignoring penalties received by cutting the track or speeding in the pitlane, both of which are independent of flag settings.

"Complete" means that all flag rules are active. You will be penalised for passing under a yellow flag if applicable (the game will tell you if passing is allowed or not), you will be penalised if you do not allow yourself to be lapped when shown the blue flag, and you can be DQ'd for ignoring penalties.

You can read exact details on the various flags in R3E here.

Cut rules can be set to off, slow-down, stop-and-go, or drive-through. We use drive-through on our servers, as it's a great deterrent.

You do indeed. Our rules necessitate having flags set to "visual only", but you can still get a drive-through penalty for speeding in the pit lane. (Happens at least once in nearly every race with pit-stops, often because the pit limiter in R3E is flawed and sometimes allows your speed to "bounce" 2-3mph above the pit speed limit.)

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Blue flag penalties are disabled.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I almost always bounce over the limit but ive never gotten a penalty for that so i think its rather down to people not knowing where the speed limit starts

6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. The speed must be at or lower than the limit the moment you enter the trap. there is no leeway for a few miles an hour over when your slowing to enter the pits.

Practise sessions are good times to learn where each sped trap is on the track youre on. Sometimes its really obvious where the white line and cones are. Some tracks its not easy to spot.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Since when? Are they coming back?

I deliberately don't bounce on the limiter to avoid this since it used to be a problem. Perhaps it's been fixed but I'm going on feedback from our races where people are still claiming that bouncing on the limiter can result on a penalty. Apparently some tracks seem worse than others, but perhaps it's just their mistake not slowing soon enough.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Blue flag penalties had been disabled right after the flag rules were implemented because people apparently managed to abuse them. I don't think they're coming back.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that! :confused: