DiRT Rally 2.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, Sep 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Blurry graphics are very easy to fix, just turn txaa in settings to off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    FFB with Simucube is great. you can also feel the surface.. i guess you don't feel them with belt or gear driven wheels because the forces are just too small. But I'm having a blast since 3 hours :D

3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    with the CSW 2.5 it also feels quite good. Only the Lateral force is a little bit weak and not really adjustable.

4. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  5. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    If you change a few things in steam files, the ffb is pretty good with my TM TX wheel.

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Which is what I use and there is no feedback what so ever, the only thing you can make happen is the return forces.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    After testing it a little bit more I have to say you are right. The road textures are completely missing and some other stuff too, other people complaining the same, while direct drives are not effected, so it must be a bug or something wrong coded from the codemasters, lol. I think this will be solved in the next update.

But these limited seat adjustments still annoys me; I want to push that seat more down, but not possible xD ....

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I find it a bit early to moan and rant, it's still EA isn't it ? Apart from the lax FFB (quiet stiff actually with no road feel) and a general overall improvement (which will surely come with a few patches) I'm quiet satisfied so far. I know where Codies are coming from so I do not expect new miracles from the simworld . Looks like a decent job so far.....well, I might be lucky as well, as DR 2.0 worked right from the start on my system....
    Remember how RRE looked and felt back in 2012 ? ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The big problem is people are spoiled these days, they want everything and NOW. Patience is a word that doesn't exist anymore.
    I do agree this is not a finished product and it needs some fixes, but overal it's decent enough to enjoy it so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. I reckon some patches after the full release (26th) may resolve FFB etc. With seasonal content planned, I'm sure it won't be abandoned like Dirt 4 was.

Couldn't agree more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    DDs are affected but not as much. The surface effects I feel are very subtle and small, and I don't know if you would even feel it in the steering of real rally car (maybe the suspension kills them).
    I can distinguish between the surfaces and if they are wet or not. The steering forces are good imo, you feel every weight transfer in the steering. We shouldn't forget that this is not track racing with super tight suspension on racing slicks where you can literally feel every fart on the track.
    Maybe we just expect something wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well some are altering the .xml file and getting improvements but for most of the Fanatec stuff they don't seem to have the same lines to edit, yes graphics can be tuned in one form or another, but what I do want is more than just 900° rotation, I like to be able to bring it down to atleast 450°, but I still stand by original statement, Codies are very bad when it comes to FFB and always have been.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess the biggest issue of Codies is that they might be too anxious to scare their Mainstream customers (the average racing-game-joe) away, resulting in hesitation when it comes to go hardcore when hardcore is due....:D

14. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

Yes. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Not bad with gamepad... But graphics are not so great and the performance is also meh -.-

DiRT Rally 2.0 | Chevrolet Camaro GT4-R @ New England USA

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Which cars have 450?

17. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That was a double Munson or a perfect Ace Ventura :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I have a Asus 1080ti OC GPU playing in 3840 × 2160 and I get only 30 or 45 FPS...WTF... Is any 1 else getting Low inconsistent FPS???

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I have the same GPU and same monitor size, but 50 - 90 FPS.

Does anyone knows how to work with the FOV? There are no numbers just ''far'' and ''close'' to adjust. So a Fov calculator can't be used. I'm running with the lowest right now.

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    "No VR", "VR later" ?

Next, please.