Accuforce Pro V2 settings - Oscillations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Michael Jeffries, Aug 10, 2018.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Try this profile but don't use SC4 initially, just set DOR at 900 and 100% FFB default power in SC4 and save to base close SC4, then in game lower the overall FFB and per car to suit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, thanks mate ! I will try this later today for sure.

That is certainly something different for me as I have never raced without SC4 running at all. Only thing is I will lose Simvibe for my Buttkicker.

Can the same result be had by allowing sc4 to run but leaving all settings and effects turned off ? And what is the reasoning behind not having SC4 turned on ?

I will try anything though at this point as it was really disappointing that the Sector3 devs never sorted this out properly as I know for a fact that Berney Villers sent them an AF wheel to work with but they must not have had the time or inclination to utilise it fully. Anyway thanks greatly and I will report back how it feels.

Would you also be able to post your in game RR ffb settings please ?

3. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I have a buttkicker and yes you can turn all the effects off in SC4 but try it without it running first as even with ALL the effects turned off in SC4 and only simvibe running there to me seems a slight difference.

The reason I don't use the effects as said is that you want the base FFB to be correct before adding any other effects in SC4 as when I first did mine I could not tune out those oscilllations in the corners and tried everything in SC4 to dial it out but I was just masking the problem and then stumbled on using a custom profile completely by chance, I then compared the AF profile to a custom OSW one and there are big differences, I now use the custom one that OSW users would use with a few tweaks here and there.

I will send you a screenshot of my settings tomorrow, they look quite low compared to others but believe me they are strong, I adjust the base FFB and steering ratio then per car to suit.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im guessing you should of been editing the RR rcs and that that is the tyre slip and kerb effect in the default AF RR profile set to 0.1 when they should be 1.0, set them at 1.0 there isnt a lot wrong with the RR AF profile, altho its always good to tweak.

5. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Thanks RWB and I look forward to copying you settings also once you can get a screenshot. cheers:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    So I try the settings and actually do not need the screenshot, thanks anyway, because your in game settings are already stored in that .rcs file. I ended up turning on SC4 and using Responsive mode and overall smoothing at 10. I only added Game Forcefeedback at 100% and turned off Game FFB Smoothing. Then nothing else except 0.39% of AF Dampening/Friction/Inertia. I try with and without running SC4 and feels much better SC4 on. I changed few settings and I think for me this now feels ok, not great but not too bad. Still FFB is of low quality compared to other sims and more like a big fat rubber band with some small amount of gravel thrown in. Road feel is still too smooth and there is a disconnected feeling from the car but I have to think this is just limitation of the FFB which is more canned effects than physics and was made for the earlier commercial wheels of the time and not anticipating DD wheels. Maybe one day they are able to make a new FFB module but more likely in another title and not this one. Thanks for all your help RWB and tips from other guys here. CHeers.

• Like Like x 1