Fanatec - some Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SvenT, Mar 18, 2019.

1. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey @all,
    a few days ago I finished the building of my rig and now I tried to do the first few rounds.

My equipment
    - Club Sport V3 pedals
    - Club Sport Wheel Base V2.5
    - CSL Wheel P1

Most recent driver is installed and the Fanatec setup tool works fine.

As I got the stuff a few weeks ago (not on the rig), I connected the pedals to the base and had the issue, that the pedals were not recognized.
    So I assigned the pedals to the different functions and all went fine.
    Then I started to build the rig and also a new Gaming PC.

So now after finishing the Rig, I installed everything on the new PC.
    And then I connected the pedals via USB.
    And again: in Fanatec tool everything works fine.

But in RR them something weird:
    The pedals seem to be recognized (They were assinged an ID - i think it was ID1) but in the "Standard" controller setup they were shown missing and I had no chance other than assigning the pedals to the functions.

Now for me the following questions came up:
    - what is best practice: connect the pedals via USB to the PC or connectthem to the base?
    - is it normal that I have to assign the pedals to the functions?

Where did I make the mistakes?

Regards
    Sven

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If connecting via USB the wheel and pedals are seen as separate controllers so reassigning pedal inputs is normal. No problems there.

With modern fanatec bases and pedals the resolution is identical either connected to base or via USB so no advantage either way. Whichever method you prefer is fine.

3. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey David,
    thanks for the reply.

Well as RR sees them as separate controllers and also recognizes them as pedals, my expectation was that the pedals are assigned to the functions automatically because it can handle the wheel, so why canĀ“t it handle the pedals also ?

So if there is no advantage in function assignment if I connect the pedals via USB I think I will connect the pedals to the base.
    So I need only one USB connection from the Rig to the PC --> minimal better cable management.

Regards
    Sven

4. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I believe to utilize the full potential of the pedals and the adjustments you must connect the pedals to the wheel base.