Problem GT2 Corvette engine sound very low

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ravey1981, Mar 4, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The engine sound in the GT2 corvette is very low, so much so that I can't hear my own engine when racing in a pack of cars.

This isn't related to my personal sound settings as other cars, gt2 RUF for example, sound just as they should.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yup. I can confirm that. Ive been racing the vette for few weeks now in the league and on race starts i have to watch the rpm bar when going thorough the gears as i cann not hear my own engine.
    I've got the opponent volume at 70%.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
  4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I had missed your initial message. I'll check what happens with the Corvette GT2 ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    On the topic of corvette sounds, I found the Group 5 Greenwood Corvette startup & idle sounds to be a bit on the quiet side too - both internal and external. I'm not sure if something changed over the last month or two, but it feels quieter than before.

6. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    About the Greenwood Corvette, it might be linked to the idle rev that was tweaked in physics recently. It can have an influence on the idle volume depending on the others engine layers rev range. I'll check that Corvette aswell ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    OK, so the Corvette GT2 cockpit volume is fixed. It was most likely a typing or editing mistake from my side, but it now matches the external volume.
    As for the Greenwood Corvette, I increased both startup and idle, they were indeed a bit too quiet, so it should feel better now.
    Both tweaks will be available in a next update (can't tell which one yet but keep an eye on the future changelists).;)

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Awseome. Thank you!