FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Can't say I've tried that, but I'm not really a fan of any kind of smoothing as it effectively gives you a delay in the FFB, which is never good.

2. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Do you run any minimum force? generally lower end wheels have quite a 'deadzone' where the game sends a force of 0-10%ish but when that signal is applied to the wheel it doesn't actually create a force, because the motors just can't output that detail. This is where the minimum force comes in, you set that at the minimum force your wheel can output, all forces below that value will then be boosted up to that value, often making the wheel feel heavier and more consistent, especially in the middle. You can either just play with the setting and see what you like, or there are also some tools to find the exact deadzone, I remember using one of those for AC. (my old G29 had a deadzone of 16%!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Thomas regarding the minimum force setting, especially if you are a G29 user like myself.

I used the WheelCheck application to test the minimum force required and in my case I needed to apply 15% minimum force before my G29 would register any movement. Once I knew this, I could then apply that 15% in the ffb settings and it made all the difference.
    The deadzone was almost completely removed and the wheel has a more constant weight when driving down a straight, for example.

4. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen thanks for the effort, I like your settings.
    Can you share your onwheel settings too?

Thanks

5. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Completely default with the mentioned DRI setting at -2 :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    FFB steer force exponent= (mine was 0.75 default)

"This parameter changes the way FFB output is filtered (how the forces increase when you turn the wheel…slower or faster than linearly). Defines how the steering feels (loose or sharp) in the center.
    Lower value will give you a sharp steering feeling but will introduce oscillations around center and you will lose details in forces.
    Higher values will give you a loose steering in center, but more details in forces."

Note this is separate from steering rack which has its own way of making the wheel feel lose or tight in the centre. My wheel was defaulted to 0.75 so it was a bit to tight in the middle which makes counter steering a nightmare. At 1.0 it feels more like AMS does with road detail. Ive not tried above 1.0 which according to the simbin wiki where i found this info that above 1.0 increases FFB clarity but increases centre deadzone

This setting makes huge differences in detail especially road details ( small details clarity) and running it at 1.0 makes the bumps feel crisper on my wheel so it allowed me to lower vertical ffb setting which makes my wheel feel understeery under power if set above 45%

I also changed this setting too
    FFB steer force grip weight=0.5 ( was 1.0)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  7. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I did. Set minimum force to 10%, and felt better. This is what i was aiming to do but i just couldn't figure out how to get that feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Great setting
    @RWB 3vil
    Your rcs please
    Merci

10. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I most certainly do, and a big thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed description. I'm currently using your exact settings on a Fanatec CSL Elite.

I dabbled with the balance settings in the .rcs file but, much like yourself, I settled on '0'. I added 1% minimum force to my Force Feedback as it sometimes felt a bit dead around centre. I might creep it up to 2%, but for now I'm happy. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your time. I have tried your settings and they're very fine. Downed a bit those artificial things and use it now .

12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I’m gonna try that settings as well. The FFB and the sound of RRE ar by far the best in simraceworld.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

FFB multiplier- default 2.x default vs 1.0

14. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    been playing rf2 and acc a lot recently and thought ill jump on RR for a try and my god the FFB.. Sorry its the worst of the bunch, (ive said this before) I just cant dial in a decent ffb that isn't so spring heavy, having damper on still doesn't kill the silly pendulum effect I have with the SAT.

Suppose ive always battled the ffb and its endless options in this, and now theres just better sims out there for ffb and countless sim elements. and to be honest I just CBA anymore messing with it. frankly.!

People say that RR ffb is the best.. sorry but no way! But I do applaud the devs for constantly trying to bring this into the serious sim lime light. Just don't think its there yet for now..... sorry. Fan boy beta testers just don't do the sim world any justice.

Just wish I could get the money back ive spent on this title?!

and I think ive just had deja-vu?

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I've had my issues with all Sims but have time on my side so have always been able to work it out. Sorry you have had no luck finding settings that work for you but I'm sure if you gave it time you could get some of the best ffb in Sims.
    Look at my Steam games I've have 700hrs in rF2 and 200 in R3E (so I ain't no R3E fanboi) but that will grow as I have to put rF2 down for a while while they work their stuff out.
    As for the "beta tester" part, didn't you do some "beta" testing for the Reiza rF2 pack content, lol. Post 377 https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/the-reiza-dlc.61402/Page-19" Trust me I'm a tester for it and the tracks are worth the price alone."
    GTFO and CYA

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Instead of a long whiny post why not just explain your issue! You want some help with your FFB issues then ask, explain the problems your having and give a little info, wheel and shit like that.
    RF2 FFB, yep i`ll give you that just about, ACC absolutely not in a million miles better than RR for me with my setup, but each to his own.
    Fan boy beta testers, the sim world, oh my, justice, lol, beta testers, cant live with em cant live without em, any game is the same and lets be honest, the sim world as you call it would be in a much worse place across the board if we didnt have beta testers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    At least for OSW/SimuCUBE owners Raceroom has the worst FFB (imho). With T500RS FFB was fine.

18. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Quick question if anyone knows,

I have my dialed in pretty good as how I like it with no clipping. However should the FFB meter be go below the yellow line in the straits? It’s primarily parallel to it but I will get little spikes that drop below the yellow line. I increased the steering rack to 70 and kinda seemed to help but didn’t stop it

19. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Today I will post in all the forums of all the Sims I don't like, forums full of people who love that sim and tell every one why I don't like the sim and wish I had not wasted my time and money, then sit back and enjoy all the kind words of sympathy and well wishes for the future. Having said that I am not sure anyone would give a flying f**k.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Whilst FFB can be a subjective thing to some extent, if it's as bad as you describe, then there's definitely something seriously wrong with the setup here.

It's a shame that you're unable to figure it out though, 'cos you really are missing out on a great sim. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.