Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good.. I have my eye on Analogs Sequential. The reviews are very positive and the price is great too! Would you like to share your experience with the Analogs shitter?

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I have that Fanatec shifter too but my experience with it is the complete opposite as yours @Turtle Power. It's nice we can adjust the tension but that doesn't tightens the horizontal movement. That results in constant mis-shifts for me. If I'm in 4th and want to shift down in into 3rd it's way to easy to shift into 1st gear instead. Or from 3rd into 2nd instead the 4th. I had never driven a real car with automatic transmission but only H-pattern for my whole life and I'm to dumb to complete 2 laps with this shifter without destroying the engine due the mis-shifts. I don't know if it's only my shifter though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

Pretty strong pull push force, with loud clicknoise and build quality ''like a tank''
    If that's what you looking for I can 100% recommend this.

Damn now I'm back to zero xD but thank you for your view

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    That's the reason I bought the Heusinkveld shifter. If the noise isn't a problem I would buy the Aiologs shifter too. :)

You're welcome. :p The problem is, I heard only good news about V1.5, every YouTuber praised the shifter (SimRacingGarage, Jimmy Broadbend, Sim Raing Girl and some others) so I thought what can go wrong. :D It sounded to good to be true but like I said it can be a problem with my shifter. :oops:

5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I don't have that problem? I guess you may need to get used to it? Most reviews are saying that it is hard to mis-shift. Very accurate and precise. In addition, adding a little bit of grease will change the feel to better and smoother.

EDIT: I cannot stress enough how important is to have your Fanatec shifter lubricated. Its a game changer and very important. Fanatec will allow you to do this without losing the warranty as long as you let them know and ask them for permission. They are more than happy with that.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing info. I like everything that has a robust, solid, heavy and clicky sound and feel. I am sure i will like this one. Also, like the size of it. Just perfect for my rig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    You won't regret going for the Aiologs stuff. I've had the shifter for a few months now and it's outstanding.

The customer support you get from Dmitry is also second to none.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have only tried 2-3 different ones but I believe that there is one H-Shifter that stands out among all the other's and that's Quaife. (stated by others above as well) The Shifter they make is not cheap but it is mimicking the feel real good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have my second Fanatec shifter now and the feel is different from my first one. (I used to have the first 'model' and changed to the most recent V1.5 mostly because I still had a voucher from Fanatec that I could not use otherwise since the shifter is the only Fanatec gear that is left on my rig.

I'm on the same page as you (having driven H-shifter cars all my life). I also occasionally miss-shift and it keeps surprising me...
    I only use the H-pattern mode (I have a HE SQ shifter on my rig).
    Therefor I initially installed the round knob on the Fanatec (used to switch knobs depending on the shifter mode before I had the HE SQ), but due to the miss-shifts I lately moved permanetly to the big SQ knob and I have had no miss-shifts since. Very strange, don't know why or how, but it did the trick. The feel is very different and for me it is clearly easier to hit the right gates now.

Waiting for the HE H-shifter (not even considering the Pro-Sim monster because too big, too loud and too expensive)... :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    20190330_115325.jpg

Even more? That doesn't fix the issue I guess. :(

If I shift really slow it works most of the time but as soon as I shift like I'm used to from real life experience it's a fifty-fifty chance to get into the wrong gear. I can't think of getting used to this. o_O

Thanks buddy, that is my last hope. I'll give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Please find the images below showing the most important area for lubrication where metal to metal friction happens. Feel free to apply lots of grease but be careful not to mess up the circuit board. Also, lubricate gauges and the metal spring.

Attached Files:

12. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to show my new ''sidemount'' update. Elgato Stream Deck as an Buttonbox (saw this on Chris Hayes Channel).
    I must say I love the Stream Deck. The options are almost limitless and you can design your own Buttons/symbols and map them to whatever function you want (you can even start the game with a mapped button if you want).

I have used the Porsche GT3 2019 as an color inspiration, you can design/download Logos or pictures and put them in there. I know a Buttonbox with switches and rotarys and so on is nice, but this as an addition or even standalone is so powerful that I wont give this away anytime soon, can recommend this 100% to anyone who thinks about buying this :)

IMG_20190402_192903.jpg IMG_20190402_192855.jpg
    IMG_20190402_192957.jpg IMG_20190402_192825.jpg IMG_20190402_200635.jpg p gt3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    They look a great bit of kit, great that they can be customisable to different types of car too. But pricy for me unfortunately :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Less money on beer and hookers and more on sim gear ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It does look nice, but rather 'restricted'.
    For a bit more you can get a good button box with 32 inputs... No brainer for me...

16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can have multiple pages of buttons. My button box has 32 but I don't need all of them all of the time, sometimes it's better to have focus on what you need. Plus it's got flashy lights and stuff....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I was also thinking about a buttonbox for just a littlebit more money, but at the end of the day this thing fits perfectly into that rig. A buttonbox with 32 inputs is big as hell and I would have to remove the Seq Shifter.

I wouldn't say restricted, you can create unlimited folders, with buttons for every function you want, for every car, game, program, what ever you want (for example: make 3 folders in a folder and you get over 40 possible Buttons, if you need that).

I get the point, at first it just looks like a few buttons, but the big difference is the software...and with that there is no limit. And it looks like a real buttonbox from a modern GT3 Car, in a small version.

(I'm not sponsored by streamdeck xD just wanted to say take a look at it)

made an own Thread for this...
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/elgato-stream-deck-buttonbox.12939/

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know as well..

• Like Like x 1
  20. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    A lot of reviews say the damperkit is not worth the money and that you should go for the brakekit mod (this small rubber stuff), but yeah would like to know how does it feel to you :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1