New "Buy the rest" option in shop (suggestion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucaf9397, Apr 8, 2019.

1. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Probably most of us are missing some content on RaceRoom. Now we have the option to buy the rest of the content through packs and single items. What about an option called "Buy the rest". An unique price would be calculated to you depending how much you own currently. There could be a logic "the more you own, the more discount you get from the remaining stuff". Is this a silly idea?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  2. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    It's a great idea and I mentioned something very similar before, but I don't think we'll see any change or improvement in the store for a long time (if ever).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I was looking for this...I had assumed that clicking on the premium pack would have just gave the missing content

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    This is exactly how the packs in raceroom work... The premium pack is exactly what you are asking for :p You will not pay double for any content you already own.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    But if you already own the premium pack you can’t buy it again paying for just the new content

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Ofcourse, but if you think about it, it’s not that weird. If you could buy the premium pack over and over again you could buy all the new content at something like 87% off, which is pretty ridiculous :p

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    It used to be like this

8. David Peres

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Not really...

The way I imagine something like this to function, is that a "Buy the rest" option would always be available for those who have the Premium pack and dynamically (key word here) calculate the discount depending on the total cost of what "the rest" is.

So for example, you bought the Premium pack and then a new car and a new track comes out... it's not a lot of content so the "Buy the rest" option would just give you a small discount, like 10%, for example.
    But, if you spent an entire year or two without buying new content, now the "Buy the rest" option would include a lot of stuff and would calculate a bigger discount.

The way it is now someone who spends a long time without buying content doesn't take long until it's cheaper to create a new account a buy a new Premium pack, by which point, someone trying to get back into the sim after a long absense might face themselves with this absurdity and give up, so it's not like there's anything to loose.

I think I posted this same explanation before but, like I said earlier, at this point I've given up expecting any improvements in the business model. As long as Alex keeps doing his magic on improving the sim I'll keep buying stuff and try not to complain too much :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree it would be a nice gesture to existing customers, but I also agree that the newest cars and tracks are well worth the full price hehe

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. David Peres

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    The Group C cars and the 964 are the first pieces of content I've ever bought full price in the 3 years I've been playing the game, so I agree :)

But if they keep releasing stuff like this often I'll go poor :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i agree with op,

otherwise it gets to the stage where its cheaper to get a new account

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Buy the stuff you can't live without on release day, then fill your garage up with the regular sales content. Well that's what I'd do if I was sensible but alas............o_O I'm far from it, I own everything and buy anything new asap on the day of release but then I love the Sim, people like moi do get the raw end of the deal with RR's business model, when the beans are counted but do we really dib out? I honestly get so much from my hobby that the cost of a coffee now and again, is not really an issue, not for what I get from it, I mean, that 962, smiles & smiles of fun already, well worth the price and it's mine, all mine, in fact I'm off to drive it right n...........................................
    The problem comes when you own a lot of Sims, everyone's business model errs toward dlc these days, so unless you can survive on tepid water alone, it's gonna hurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Another way would be, that after you own a specific percentage of content, you would be "awarded" with a fixed & permanent discount percentage. Just a rough example, let's say you own 90% of the content => you get 30% discount of new content, example #2, you own 60% of the content = > you get 5% discount of new content. Meaning, more you own, more you get discount.