HUD SimHub (beta) For an easy to use replacement HUD (downloads included)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by [RWB] FxUK, Apr 7, 2019.

1. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Thank's to @Wotever for providing the following Beta version of simhub, you can now use it as a replacement in-game hud via the in game overlays webhud feature in Raceroom.

This is an unoffical beta but except the modification to make it work with the webhud, it's the same as the one promoted for the shakeit beta: http://www.simhubdash.com/unofficial/HubPackage.6.08.0b7.zip

Simply install SimHub
    Create or edit a dashboard and ensure it has a transparent background.
    Size/Position elements appropriately.

Once saved, click "More" next to the dashboard, then choose "copy OBS browser address to clipboard"

Then use the following launch option for RaceRoom, via steam:
    -webHudUrl=PasteCopiedUrlHere

i.e
    -webHudUrl=http://127.0.0.1:8888/Overlay/RaceRoom

This is a quick and dirty test, just to show it in action, ignore the squished graphics, that's because I normally use triple screens, but was trying it out on a single screen.
    SimhubDash.png

The possibilities are endless!

I realise this is kind of a double post, but I think it deserves its own thread.
    P.S. I am in no way affiliated with SimHub, just a regular user.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. thebaz

thebaz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That sounds amazing! Had a try yesterday evening: it opens infinite possibilities!!

Thanks for pointing out

3. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Exmaple HUD, created using a 1440p canvas but can be used on 1080 or just edit to copy/paste components into your own.

Damage Indicators, Start Lights, Tyre Temp/Wear/Pressure/Dirt
    Fuel Estimate, Proximity Radar, Relative timing top bar, with best lap, delta lap time bar with estimated lap, Sector Times for current, last and best, etc.

Top bar is not just a position bar, it shows players relative to your position on track, so if you are being lapped, that person will show behind you with a relative time and vice versa.
    Not shown properly in screenshot.

Personally, I find the timings and such much better than the original sector 3 one, i.e the delta bar in the sector 3 one shows the gap to the player in front, not your gain/loss over the lap like Simhub does. Also, relative top bar shows best laps for each driver and gap in time, rather than distance. Its also easier for anybody to edit, without coding and hosting files :)

Screenshot_Simhub.PNG
    20190408143141_1.jpg

To use this, unzip and double click to install into simhub.
    Once installed into simhub, add the following launch option to Raceroom via Steam:

-webHudUrl=http://127.0.0.1:8888/Overlay/RaceRoom_1440

or if that is problematic, use:
    -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/simhub/1440.html

And of course, edit to your liking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can the simhub based overlays still be turned off with the eye icon in game? I assume the various components aren't movable in game either? Is it possible to create multiple pages and assign a simhub hotkey to switch between them as the game is running?

I spent about 2 hours last night trying to get game notifications (session best, pit limiter active etc) to show up on my dash with no success.... I'm crap at this stuff!

5. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You can make "pages" yeah, although I have controls/pages turned off for my dash.
    Ultimately, I am making something I want, but sharing it here because I think others may find stuff useful.

Check my dash above, has pit limiter and other stuff, you can copy/paste to your own dash if required.. that's pretty much all I have been doing, most of the stuff was created by the sim hub developer, aside from a few bits myself, like starting lights etc. Should give you an idea of what's what.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'll have a look. Yes I've only been editing wotevers original dash templates for my own use. The dash already has notifications but doesn't seem to work properly. I tried copying a section I know works from another dash but that didn't work either. I'll have another go at some point!

• Like Like x 1
  7. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    New version of my Hud template is attached, suitable for 1440p / 1080p

It's clean, unobtrusive and ready to go, other than it having branding for RWB (top left) easy to change, but I haven't removed it because you may want to put your own logo/website in there. If not, edit the template, select and delete, simple as that.

NewHud.png

Not shown in the screenshot is:
    • Start Lights
    • Flashing Pit Limiter
    • Push to Pass Indicator
    • DRS Indicator
    • Proximity Radar (quite subtle) positioned below the horizon, above the dash.

Shown in the screenshot:
    • Top Bar - relative to position on track, with Blue marker when being lapped and red when lapping.
    • Top bar contains best lap for driver and relative gap.
    • Delta time bar, showing estimated lap time and gap, shown in all sessions, hides when lap is invalid.
    • Sector Times for Current, Last and Best, colour coded (green improved over best, light purple for best overall)
    • Rev counter, speed and gear indicator
    • Tyre temperature indicator for Outside, Centre and Inside
    • Tyre Wear Indicator
    • Tyre Dirt Indicator
    • Tyre Pressure Indicator
    • Brake Temperature Indicator
    • Damage Indicators
    • Input Indicators (clutch/brake/throttle)
    • Fuel Info, including an estimate for Race 1 (requires a few laps in practice/qualifying to generate)
    • Sim Hub generated track map (requires a few laps in practice/qualifying to generate)

All elements are grouped, so editing / moving / removing things should be easy.

1. Easiest way to use it is:
    2. Iinstall simhub
    3. Download and install this template (attached)
    4. Add the following launch option to Raceroom via Steam:
      -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/simhub/1440.html

* The above github link is a simple iframe that loads your localhost simhub file, with transparency, it should work on most versions of simhub, not just the above beta and is set to launch this specific template by default.

Enjoy, edit to your liking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  8. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Attached is the last update I will be doing for the hud, with the following additions/changes:
    • Added ABS / TC Indicators
    • Adjusted layout of bottom right section slightly
    • Replaced Dial Rev Counter with Rev Bar Indicator
    • Push to pass / DRS is left of the ABS/TC indicator when available.
    Capture2.PNG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. thebaz

thebaz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Awesome!

10. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    VR Optimised version, as in.. you can read it.
    Screen res should be 1920x1080 set outside of VR for best results.

Map a button as shown below to allow changing of screens, 1 contains all elements, 2 contains top bar, start light & pit limiter only, 3 is empty.

simhubvr.PNG

Steam Launch Option:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/simhub/hmd.html

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @[RWB] FxUK
    thanks for sharing this info.
    I have just been looking at it for the first time and have never used Simhub.
    i got Simhub and your Dash installed and copied the local path to steam launch.
    I cant work out how to start the dashboard properly, as i can see its running but it wont overlay in the sim, its like its in its own window.... i have clicked the pin icon to 'always ontop' too. but it just doesn't stay ontop.

is there any extra info for total new guys to simhub and this? thanks

12. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @Rob Fitness
    You don't launch the dash in simhub as such, which it sounds like you are doing.
    Just make sure Raceroom is highlighted in Simhub's games list and that you have the launch option specified for Raceroom via steam, and that's all there is to it.

Try using this launch parameter:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/simhub/1440.html

or, the local one will be:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=http://127.0.0.1:8888/Overlay/RaceRoom_1440

and not just the copied address ;)

Sidenote: My Url (the 1st fxuk.github one) simply opens the local url (the second) in an iframe, this prevented it from opening in a steam overlay window on a few of our club members pc's. It's still running locally.

13. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thank you, i will try again today.

EDIT:
    still not quite there.
    following your steps and it starts on the 4th monitor (have a triple setup using nvidia surround with 4th screen ontop)... is there a setting to force it to start on the display 2? which is the surround display? thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  14. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It should be starting within the games "invisible browser" as part of the main game window and not as a separate window or on a different screen. If its not, something isn't setup correctly.

Are you using the updated version of simhub, linked in post 1?

Your launch param is definitely like this:
    unknown.png

I have not seen/heard of it opening in its own window or on a separate screen from any of our club members, lots of them are using it. I too use a triple setup with a 4th screen and no problems at all, either, it just works as expected.

15. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Small Update, the hud now includes a flashing " drive through penalty" alert, because it seems this isn't always being displayed via in-game ui elements. If you get a drive through, an orange bar will appear just above the tyre indicators on the lower right and clear one the drive through has been served.

Left is Raceroom 1440
    Right is RaceRoom HMD (for VR)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  16. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @[RWB]FxUK
    i have got it going now, thanks for your time to explain a bit more to me. I am happy to get it going, as in described in another thread i too suffered HUGE FPS drops using the new overlay thingy... this however seems on an initial first few laps to be tons better performance wise.
    thanks again for sharing you work too.

i think what i may have done in my stumbling around to get it to go i ticked the "auto" button. perhaps that was messing with it opening on its own.

now to do some fiddling with it. :)

EDIT:
    So I have copied yours and just hid items so all i have is the lose/gain bar and a couple other things, how do i get it to use that Dashboard now?

EDIT:
    or we don't/can't ?? just leave it as is from you and just hide the options we don't want?

EDIT:
    are the start lights meant to stay on screen after GREEN?? as they are not going away for me.
    also, some items I'm hiding on the edit screen yet they still show up in game, the bar at the top that shows who's ahead/behind for example

EDIT:
    if i wanted to replace the 'Drive Thru penalty' with an image, how would i do that? as the only the rectangle is flashing and not the text with it.

if i am being a pest, just say so and i will stop with the questions . Just that i excited this works so much better than the other overlay thingy.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  17. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    1) Using my github url, requires the dashboard name to remain the same, since its hard coded to link to it specifically
    Raceroom_1440 or Raceroom_HMD

If you save it as something else, use the 'copy obs url' for that one instead.
    -webdev -webHudUrl=paste_url_here

2) Start lights shouldn't be staying on screen, no. Can't say I have experienced this, in quite a lot of races each night. Hmmm. I wonder if it relates to the track (not sure why) Was it SP / MP ? What track?

3) You would have to insert an image into Simhub, then use the same line from "visibility" used in my indicator, against the image. Pretty easy to do.

18. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thanks for answering.

i cannot get it to use my edited and saved dashboard via the copy/paste. is there any other settings to do to use local stuff?
    - im duplicating yours with new name
    - editing
    -saving
    - copying the OBS
    this was my launch options >>> -webdev -webHudUrl=http://127.0.0.1:8888/Overlay/R3E_Robs_V1

i got the image working for the drive through
    [​IMG]

it was in SP at manthorp short. that the starts light stays on, haven't tried elsewhere yet.

19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    How much is the performance impact? I've seen that simhub is a few 100 MB.

20. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I get none, but my pc is high spec.
    Some people have mentioned performance issues with the sector 3 webhud, not heard anybody mention it with simhub instead though. Yeah, simhub isn't a small app, but it does so much. I use it for the hud, my buttkickers and an iPad screen.

• Like Like x 2