Is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I recently retired my aged and abused gaming laptop. And finally got myself a new desktop computer. :hearteyes:
    (It was a matter of money, not desire)
    It's not the fastest, but it is leaps and bounds faster than my old laptop. All my racing games are like new. And I am able to play a couple of the newer games that my old system couldn't handle.
    I am very excited because I'm hoping to get some multiplayer racing in. My old system had insurmountable problems with that as well.
    Anyway, my question is this. Has anyone else found they had to re-learn the car handling after upgrading their computer? I went from an average of 60 to 90 fps (depending on the track and car combo) with everything set to minimum. And now I'm running everything at full with a very consistent 80 to 90 fps. and it seems to me that the timing is just different enough that I've almost had to start over with learning the different cars.
    I've had to turn the ai down by about 5%. Who also seem a bit more aggressive with each other as well as with me.
    I'm not upset about this at all. In fact it's kind of exciting. Like I said a whole bunch of new games to play. because the effect is across the board. new challenges everywhere:grinning: I do have the problem of deciding which sim to play with when I sit down at my rig.:tonguewink:
    As i said, Am the only one to experience this. Am I just tweaking or is this real.

2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes it can be visual perspective or something that looks very different to what you got used to. Our brain can act weird even with the smallest changes. If my first guess is not true, then it may have something to do with the better performance and faster information processing.

3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yah I kinda figured the same thing. The graphics card alone more than double the speed of my laptops gpu.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Poor internet connection and old lap top, I'd say lag has a lot to do with your perception of a timing change. Probably turning in a bit early now, won't take long to get up to speed, not like you have to learn the tracks again, just get used to waiting that millisecond or 2 later to turn in.