Can we have an additional "shift up" and "shift down" control option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I cant find any ways to assign both paddle shifters and sequential shifter at the same time? Why?. There is only one "Shift up" and one "Shift down" option available, correct?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    correct create a second profile , for sequential

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec has the option to bind the sequential shifter to the same buttons as the paddles, in case you have Fanatec.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I did that several times Andi, but since the latest updates it won't work for unknown reasons. It's gone when I start RRE next day for example.....only the original one remains :eek:

5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I just use joy2key.. then you can assign multiples to anything.. I have brake bias, traction control, among others bound to both wheel and button boxes.. I use to do this with the shifter, but the fanatec option is working for me so I don't bother anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I just use rF2

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply.

Will it be possible to add two more functions in the next update, for example: "Secondary Gear Up and Down Shift options" rather then creating new profiles? I believe this way would be a lot more practical and very convenient for all users unless there is a good reason for why it can not be done.

8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I have a Fanatec shifter for H pattern only, paddle shifters on my wheel and soon getting sequential Aiologs.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Made this suggestions also some time ago. RF2 has alternative keys for shifting, imho the best solution. joy2key works also

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Please guide me through joy2key cuz I am not familiar with it. What is the purpose and how it works? I heard about this before but never paid attention.

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    it is easy. I have for example assigned the keyboard keys y for downshift and x for upshift in RRE. In joy2key i assigned x and y to the paddles and the sequential stick (you have an . So i can use both shifter for up an downshift without changing profiles in RRE. Joystick 3 is my Fanantec shifter and Joystick 5 is the wheel.

You can define profiles for separate games with autodetection. I have for example a profile for Dirt Rally which let me scroll through the game menus with the rotary encoders on my Simucube wheel. The profile "test" is for RRE.

btw. also ordered an Aiologs sequential shifter last week :)
    j2k.jpg j2k2.jpg j2k3.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This would be the perfect solution - a specific shifiting profile for every car. Had three profiles for seq. paddles, seq. stick and H-shifter. The Lister could only be shifted with the stick, both other profiles were out of function. cm.jpg

13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing info. Is this third party software or it comes with Windows? And do you have to open it prior to loading RR or once configured it works automatically?

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Same for Project Cars. No need to swap controller profiles.

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
  16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yeah fair enough. I already have two 3rd party applications running and thinking, having one or two more is just annoying over period of time and if something goes wrong god help. Its good to know that we can get around this if RR doesn't support it. I'd rather wait and see if Sector3 will look into creating secondary shift options and bring a big smile on our faces.:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    .. and always remember which shifter is the correct one. I always start GT1 races and recognize after half the race that i´m using the wrong shifter :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You can change a profile in about 8 seconds, why spend time on this? What a bunch of lazy arses! :D
    If time has to be spent on it, then I'd go for the little drop down menu, so you can set transmission per car and be done with it!
    Probably need a little message popping up somewhere or on HUD, just to let old sods like me know what I have to use, sure a little P, H and S could be squeezed in somewhere. Would rather the time was spent on finishing Brands Hatch asap! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just give us the bloody secondary shift option....please :p

20. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1