Just came back to RaceRoom. Wow! Just Wow!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, Apr 19, 2019.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Been away for a while. I'm a trucker, therefore I haven't the time to dedicate myself to sim racing and remain competitive. I actually used to Beta test for Sector3, but my schedule no longer allowed it. I miss that most of all, I think. I just recently started racing again (off-line to this point) and after re-installing my sims, RR still blows me away.

So, what did I miss? LOL

Swagg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Well, the latest patch has some of the biggest changes for some time, what with the new HUD, the telemetry data, tyre pressures, etc. R3E has been my go-to sim since I came back to sim-racing a few years ago. It may be lagging behind some other sims in certain areas, but the driving experience for me just eclipses most of them. And at the end of the day, it's the driving that counts, not all the fancy bells and whistles. I'm at the point where I've simply uninstalled all my other sims because they were just wasting space on my hard drive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jisonga

Jisonga Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom is my go to sim for classic content as no other sim can touch R3E for old school fun, so make sure you grab something from their expanding line up of classic racing cars, such as the new Group C and Porsche Cup car.

Jason.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    When I find this?

Yes, Raceroom is the best. For me is on the first place adaptive AI, offline races are competitive and intreresting.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Follow the simple instructions to install the dash app, once it's up and running, you will find in the bottom left corner the word Telemetry, click it and from there you can do what you like. I think the idea is for 3rd party designers to make use of the latest shared memory information to come up with apps to take advantage of all the new data. The included app is purely a demo to give an idea of what's available.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)

7. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I picked up a few things yesterday. There are others im curious about, however, "Test Drive" doesn't work for me. Never had that problem before.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    More than welcome! :)

9. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Test drive works for me. I'd forgotten I have to access the store from the portal. Like I said, it's been a while. Silly me!
    I drove the "Group C" cars. The Nissan was a blast. Not so much the Porsche. I'll be driving the Nissan quite often, I think.
    Still, my only gripe is the lack of HUD tools in the game. I understand there are a couple ways to get some, but they involve some effort. I like the drag and drop of mods. Still, I've really missed the driving experience i get from this game.

10. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    What part of it doesn't work?

• Like Like x 1
  11. naondave

naondave New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The hud tools are actually extremely easy one you download the package from github. Just start the dash tool from that package, turn off the original hud in options and the new hud tools should show up. They are great too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    As stated in Post#9. I'd forgotten I had to access the store from the Game Portal. Silly mistake.
    Thanks.