Which tracks do you find most difficult?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.mcleod, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont enjoy either of those in the slightest bit yet i really like macau :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ...or you need to be a true adventurer....;)

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know if theres anything i do thats more adventurous than being a the gtocery store and buying something that wasnt on my shopping list ;D

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I could only differ between technically challenging plus exciting/not exciting or (total) annoying/ just exhausting, but it always depends on your preferences and driving style and your determination to practice.
    Annoying :
    Sepang (Tilke plz go home and build schools, shopping mals or sth :) )
    Shanghai (has its moments but mostly exhausting and wrong architect again :) )
    Eurospeedway (Oval Infields are lame and boring and appear "artificial" mostly )
    Indy (see Eurospeedway)
    Monza (yeh you cannot do much wrong due to the simple layout, guess thats why many rookies prefer it, but really challenging it becomes only with superfast cars like F1, P1, DTM 16 probably, I generally don't like those "Stop & Go" Tracks - while I like the fast and similar Road America much more, which has a nice Rythm.
    Paul Ricard - Lord ! These huge run-off areas make me sleepy everytime I have to race on it and the enviroment generates no Immersion at all - except for with really fast cars, quiet robotic and technically challenging on top.Hate that.

Inbetween ones (bit annoying, challenging, tho exciting) :

Silverstone - If you find a good setup and line it's good - if not you throw curses the whole race.
    Nürburgring Short/GP - Know it for decades but never found my line and rythm in a way that makes me really feel comfortable and confident.Similar to Silverstone in that regard.
    Brands Indy - annoying because it is so tiny (and not the GP Layout) but once you find the right car and line it can be a blast and much fun.
    Macau - Super-annoying suicide commando if you have no practice, the wrong car to get warmed up for and beneath NoS the most exhausting track, but once you get through clean and successfully you'll get hooked.
    Moscow - I had to learn it extensively for our DTM league races, so once you get it (line and setup) it can be fun, mostly to the fact that you have a big advantage if you learned your lessons there properly. But its surely not a fav of mine.
    Laguna - Fine challenging track and not easy to master - thing is, that desert tracks (like Sonoma ) have not much to offer to please your senses (eyes) which kills a lot of immersion and makes them relatively flat and exhausting.
    (Zandvoort with its dunes is the exception here and one of my absolute Favorite tracks)

If I find the time I´ll list more.....tbc
    PS: I mostly like traditional , more narrow tracks ,carved into a beautiful landscape over decades of racing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's one way to describe the Macau racers.....
    I can think of a few others. :D

Seriously though, for the life of me I can't figure out why real-life racing is still allowed at Macau (or Monaco for that matter).
    Even setting aside the fact that life is quite exciting enough without playing chicken with concrete barriers, there's no racing.
    Doesn't matter how fast you are, if there is someone slower ahead of you, all you can do is follow him until you get to the one (maybe two) point that allow for actual overtaking.
    That's not racing, that's commuting. ;)

And don't get me started on Norisring.
    Throwing down a few K-rails on a city-street does not make it a track, just as throwing down some jackets to mark the goal-posts doesn't convert a grassy field into a Premier League pitch. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I like Macau. Mainly because its a city driving environment, beautiful scenery. Need more like this one !

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife is one track that I really like for casual practice or fun. Not so much for racing. Too long for racing or time trial and beautiful for testing cars as well as enjoying the ride

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Up your steering lock and turn at the bus stop writing on ground and of course go slowly!

9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Tell people online.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    For me, it's all about the pleasure of learning the tricks of a circuit, which I (re)discover with any car.
    I often got a help thanks to this great site: https://www.raceoptimal.com/browse
    I could improve on a chicane or a blind turn, and it made the track's approach very interesting to me.
    Also, the combo track/car can bring so many variations on how I can understand a track and a specific car.
    Finally I don't trust my first feeling about a track because after digging, I enjoy every track purposed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  11. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that site, never seen that before and its quite useful for the average driver to pick up a few pointers.

12. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Mid Ohio :eek:

13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Zolder took me a long time to get comfortable with, but started enjoying eventually.

Macau is a tough one for sure, but satisfying once i finally put in a decent lap.

By decent i mean "not last on leaderboard"

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Spa as I always seem to be slower there than in other tracks compared to other guys. But at least it's enjoyable.

Which can't be said about Moscow Raceway. It's just painful to drive

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Find there is a difference between tracks I dislike, compared to tracks I find challenging, apart that is from Lausitz, the last corner kills me no matter what I drive and I find the track a tad dull and somewhat clunky. Then there is Sachsenring which I despised in it's entirety, well until that day I got it, now it's amongst one of my favourites in RR.
    Guess the moral of my tale is never give up on a track until you can run comparable times to your peers because until you can, you are yet to discover the track in its true guise and that one great lap should be enough to push you to persevere. A track driven to its limits, you can then add to your list of tracks explored, any less and you've not given it a chance. Then of course there are some dull tracks to drive on your tod that only come alive once you race on them.
    As a rule of thumb, most peoples favourite track is the one they feel most competitive on!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I find at spa my deltas vs the good drivers are bigger because it is a pretty long track. Not sure if same scenario for you. It gives me more time to accumulate the stink of my driving per lap basically.

17. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Laguna, Spa and Sepang. Three tracks i know well but i'm consistently slow.

18. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The tracks that i haven't spent enough time at. Some are more difficult then others but that depends on what the turns look like.

However the one i do find most difficult is Nordschleife. It's long and there are alot of turns to learn. Most of the turns are not that difficult there just are alot of them which makes it easy to start losing time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Tight turns, like Moscow and Tilke tracks, one can't see turns well because rollcage etc.

20. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    My worst is HANDS DOWN Indianapolis. It's a horribly boring circuit so i've tried it maybe 3 laps total there, I absolutely hate it.

Track that I still drive but just suck at has to be Sonoma Raceway. I just can't manage it, don't know how.