Raceroom Sector 3 is very much appreciated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    A big thank you to Raceroom Sector 3 and all involved in producing such a great sim. Despite the fact that I have posted a few threads regarding the requests, complains or maybe even a little bash...... it is fair to say I enjoy RR every single time like no other sim.

Thanks heaps for such a great product and hard work.

Very much appreciated.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Donatello's feeling a bit emotional today, time of the month I guess! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes! I just bought formula 2 in sale... and again, whats the car, whats the driving feeling, and pure passion of the speed. I ran open wheelers in AC, AMS and F1 series (ok, its simcade only) and Raceroom is far better imo, not only with formulas, but generally. Interesting, every car what I try in Raceroom is absolutely exciting, sometimes I dont know what to drive :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I complain a lot (usually either about the business model or about physics related stuff) but I still keep coming back for more and Raceroom has recently reached the top as my most played game on Steam... so there must be something about it that I like I guess :D

The speed at which things have been moving foward with the last updates has been nothing short of impressive, and not to mention that my two favourite cars in the game have both been released recently as well (934 and 964)... amazing work guys! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I nearly made this thread myself the other day. So many comments on this forum are negative yet the game is amazing, sure there are things to improve but that's life, you must always enjoy what you have and RR has sooooo much good stuff.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You can't be serious. I rarely find one and if it happens, it's ussualy nano10 complaining about AI not getting out of his way. I mostly come across really positive feedback along with hyped expectations :D What sometimes seems like a fanboying RR and Sector3, it in fact makes this forum nice and comfortable place to visit. Not many sites like this are left nowadays in the Internet with such an adult and friendly community

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    They're all on ACC licking up puddles or lapping up Sebring in rF2 for the time being but one by one they will filter back to liven up some threads no doubt.
    About time S3 buggered up something, all these quality features and content just keep coming and nobody has much to moan about, what's the point of a forum if we have nothing to moan about?
    What was once a roller-coaster ride, has turned into something of a rock solid gem of a Sim. With the latest tyre improvements and the promise of more to come, I feel S3 are actually gaining the popularity in the Sim community, that has been deserved for a lot longer than a new tyre model. Remember this is the S3 forum and not an RR forum. The important theme on this forum has always been progression but tempered with reality, calm yet passionate, innovative, though consistent but most of all a nice place to be, so it's just the qualities of S3 transferring to it's community!
    Enough already, when are flat spots coming? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Soon™

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If Sector 3 were allowed to release a title, rather than the drip-by-drip feed we get at the moment, I really think it could be a huge competitor to ACC and PC2. In terms of the racing available, it's way ahead.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I like the way it is now, having a "the drip-by-drip feed" gives me more satisfaction than having a complete game at release date like ACC or PC2.
    Having a complete game at release date has consequences. Take PC2, they give you everything at once but the consequence is they can't handle it. You get a complete game at release date where half of the futures don't work (dynamic weather with AI races) and a game full of bugs even 1 year after release. And when the devs realize this, the go to the next game and start with another game with just as much bugs as the previous one.

I always dreamed of having a good base sim i could use for many (10+ ?) years and getting more content and features along the way. After using PC1, PC2 and AC as my base sim i realized those were not the games i was looking for and start looking for something else. And finally i found what i was looking for : Raceroom Racing Experience.
    Best driving experience so far, most challenging AI races so far, very good and diverse content, most features we get do work when they get released, not a lot of bugs, the bugs we get are mostly solved within time, good communication with the devs,...

Conclusion : i'm here to stay for a long time :):cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  11. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying it's bad for us that play it regularly. Just means it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    That's true, but i'm not so sure if getting a lot of attention is a always a good thing.

13. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not. Sometimes a lot of attention could change things drastically and definitely not a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    You only have to look at what happened to dirt rally as proof of that

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Although the business model has been criticized, I believe that from the business point of view, it is the only way to keep the S3 staff working. Without income (with circuits or cars) there is no equipment, and without equipment, there are no updates. We would all like to rain, cycle night and day, etc ... but they are changes whose direct income is non-existent. Another way to see it is as a service, with the much desired system of daily races paying a fee.

In my opinion the drip system makes us have a sim TOP for years. And those that remain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3, gimme Super Trucks so i can love you too :oops:

Thanks a lot for all your hard work, especially Group 5 :D Im kinda afraid what to expect from Greenwood after group rework :eek:

17. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I dont understand this. Maybe I am wrong, but I dont supposed all people do want race all cars, classes and tracks. Raceroom business model is right - buy only car/class, tracks what I like. Prices are usually low and everyone can try the car before buying. Imo criticism is ridiculous in this way.

Look on the flight or train sims: there are models of planes or locos for 20 - 40 euro standard. PMDG Boeing 737 costs 100 euro. Raceroom and racing sims generally costs compared to this minimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I will agree that the idea of only having to buy what you wanna drive is great.
    But ill disagree on the prices being low. Except for iracing theres no other racing sim i could spend as much money on as i have on r3e. And with r3e being a racing sim ill continue to compare its price to other racing sims instead of *insert random more expensive thing*. Im not saying i regret spending that money but i just dont see how its cheap

19. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    When you have topics, strategy guides, tips, tutors, teachers and senseis about buying stuff in raceroom it might be a sign it's kinda needlessly complicated.
    Comparing to high fidelity planes for flight sims is silly, it takes years for entire studio to make one, just see how complex and godlike is recently released F14 for DCS

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze In my opinion the content I've bought was worth its money (mostly bought packs on sales though). :)

• Like Like x 2